Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #7135
CuckooTuli

I've been trying to live by the Buddhist tenet of speech lately that goes "Before you speak, ask yourself: is it true, is it kind, and is it necessary?", and have really been struggling with the part about being kind; there's so much that makes me angry when I look around. And while it always feels righteous, every arsehole in the world thinks their bullshit is justified, right? I'm starting to worry that I'm just becoming embittered, and that a combination of a rough patch in the personal life, and the genuinely fucked-up nature of this world we live in, is slowly turning what I always considered my bullshit detector into nothing more than plain bad temper and hair-trigger aggression.

And on a not-improbably related note, I need to sleep so bad. I'm about two more sleepless nights away from caving and either going back to being a useless lifestyle-stoner, or hitting up the doctor to beg for the pills I've been trying so hard to avoid.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote