Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #7119
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
This is a somewhat ridiculous thing to rant about.

I use the word slut and/or whore to describe someone who leads someone on, possibly in order to get sex, and then later hurts them, or someone who is a frequent cheater.

When I see someone use them to describe a women who has frequent sex, I cringe. That never made sense to me when I was a preteen first getting a handle on what these curse words actually meant so I guess I just made up my own meaning. As far as I can remember, the definition above is what I considered a 'slut' to be.

Now, it's causing a big problem in my vocabulary. I don't agree with slut-shaming, because I know that refers to a women having casual sex and using her body how she pleases. However, I don't agree with being a 'slut' as I always saw it, which is apparently not what it really is.

So I have to either keep adding in what I mean anytime I say the word so I can be sure the world knows I am pro-free sex life, or I can come up with a new word.
Heh, after a friend of mine found out an ex had cheated on her and the girl he left her for started messaging her on facebook rubbing it in her face, she, very much a feminist she is, called her a slut. And then felt bad, but I think that goes to show its not something we can reclaim. We're always going to think of a negative meaning.

Honestly for what you mean it to mean, I usually say dickweed. Or douchenozzle. I try to get creative, basically.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote