View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 04:03 AM   #8879
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdarkness57
I think I'm bi-sexual or bi- curious. I don't know. Do you think it's justa phase, becuase I don't want to be WITH a girl but I'm still attracted to them(us um whatever).
Queen, Many people here have chimed in, and I've seen them offer you some pretty good advice. I will just add two points.

First, yes, it is perfectly okay to ask yourself these kind of questions. And just remember there are no wrong answers. And you might not get the whole answer today. Self-discovery is a lifelong process, and hopefully if you have the wisdom to continue to reflect on yourself all your life, you will still be learing things about yourself all your life. So don't expect to figure this all out right away. It usually doesn't work that way.

Second, let me set an example based on what you've said so far. Let's suppose that you conclude that you would like to be able to enjoy sex with boys and girls, but only feel you could fall in love with boys. Be up front about that with people. If you are interested in a girl, tell her you like to play, but aren't looking for romance. If your dating a guy that you care about but want to be able to experiment too, tell him that and tell him you are not looking for romance. Chances are good if he's secure in your relationship, he may be interested in playing too. Maybe not, or maybe you won't be interested in that, but the point I'm making is that you are honest up front, it will work out.

I have had open relationships and I have had long tern friendships with women where we hung out as pals and had sex but were clear with each other that we were not looking for romance at that point. The key to all of this was complete honesty up front.

Don't be afraid of asking these questions. Do be true to yourself. There are enough tragedies and troubles in this life ... do not make yourself miserable over this.

Just my two cents ... er, two dollars worth. Know that I think the world of you, and know enough about you to feel confident that you will make smart choices.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick