View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:01 AM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Autism discrimination

This recently came to my attention.

http://girljanitor.tumblr.com/post/4...-abuse-ableism

Is this what our "modern" society is becoming now? A society where we allow organizations like "autism speaks" to advocate for nazi eugenics??!!

First we dealt with women's civil rights, then the civil rights of all races, now the civil rights of gay/trans/etc are being finally dealt with.... So when will the autistic community get our civil rights? our right to neurodiversity. Our right to our own perspective? We face the same plight as any other group that has been discriminated against.

Like women, they try to take our voice. Like those of African descent, they try and deny us equal opportunities to life. Like the gay community, they seek to cure us like we are diseased! We are no different than any of these groups, I'm sure somewhere out there, there is a black lesbian woman who is on the autistic spectrum. They have begun to use terms referring to autistics as insults. We have been where every other minority has been, fighting along their sides for their rights. Now here we are a minority among minorities.

Is our right to live as other humans would, any less worthy?

With that in mind I ask you, this month if no other month, whenever you see something for an organization such as Autism Speaks, if you hear someone say "sperg" or "you're so autistic", or just someone on the autistic spectrum suffering at the hands of such discrimination. Speak up.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote