View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #9
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows_Jukebox View Post
To be honest I'm not a fan of the victorian look, I love corsets but generally people tend to go overboard with it all by making themselves look like a 19th century hooker... So that does not sound more elegant. I was thinking of making her something similair to a 1950's sundress, but with some ****** detailing and a corseted waist. However I'm worried that would be taking it too far away from the loli goth theme, and she's paying me to make them for her sooo I want to make it work.
I don't think 25 is too old for babydoll dresses per se, but yeah the l o l i t a look is silly on anyone, and really if you're looking like a french maid you're more than likely to get a lot of unwanted attention.

I think my big beef with lo lita is that you're really trying to look like you're a kid again, and its taken seriously (or supposed to be), and you end up looking ridiculous, but I like kinderwhore which is self aware at least and political at best, why not take inspiration from kinderwhore fashion while you're designing?

You should probably sketch out your plans and go over it with her, but like Pineapple said, she's the one paying for it so if she disagrees and insists on some ridiculous outfit, its her money and her funeral.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote