View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 10:25 PM   #692
AlKilyu

Okay I will try my hardest in the future to NOT talk about my car, so I'll say something here and try to keep it at that.

Today I went to 7-11. I was walking in, a guy was walking out, and said "Hey, does that have a Hemi in it?" I dropped my head and said "No, it's just a base model." he then said "Well it's a great lookin' car!"

!!!

I get a compliment a day, average, on it. Everytime I go somewhere and get out of it, or go to get back in, someone says something nice about it. Alot of bruthas comment on it, most ask the same thing: "Is that as nice to drive as it looks?" and I always say "Hell ya!" (one brutha, I wasn't even thinking, I said "Thanks brutha, keep it real", why I don't know) one yesterday said "You should lemmie borrow it sometime!"

I got to talking with him (in a pimped out Buick) and said how I come from the time when big cars were admired, back when you'd be talking about the best of something and call it a Cadillac ("That's the Cadillac of dildos") and he was astonished that I felt that way, since most guys my age are getting racers. I told him I was from North Portland, and he said "Ahhh that explains it. Yoos a nigga from da day! DA DAY!"

It's boosted my self-esteem ten-fold too. In the past, no matter how goods I felt about myself, I didn't want to walk back to or give a girl a ride in my car because I hated it so much I didn't clean it. Long story, but I got stuck with it after a drunk totalled my 97 Neon and the stupid State Atty's Office fucked up the paperwork and didn't submit to the judge that he pay me for what the insurance did not (HE was uninsured) and at the time my life was so chaotic caring for a dying relative that I didn't have the time to pursue it further.

So, in conclusion, I am a Nigga From Da Day. It should be above my avatar instead of Andrew Eldritch. Dontcha think?
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote