View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #71
AshleyO

Ehh... I'll let the joke about "anatomy" slide. I'm none too keen on those kinds of jokes. But whatever.

Thing is; I get annoyed by Deadman chiming in, even if he's accidentally right in some aspects. He's just not important enough to consider some idealistic sense of fairness.

I think fairness should be based on material conditions, not idealism.

Take for example the rugged individualism sense of fairness. It makes perfect sense in an idealistic way that it's fair. It's totally fair. But in a material sense, there's nothing fair about it.

But you take progressive taxation for example. Idealists would argue that it's not fair because someone who has more has to give much much more than someone who aint got shit. Idealistically, it's not fair. But material experience will show that it's entirely fair.

Deadman has no grounds to argue for gun ownership. Until he starts talking about gun ownership to COMBAT private property instead of preserving it; then he'd have a case. But until then; no. He's just a privileged white dude defending an abstract idea with his sense of white security and white fairness.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote