Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #7087
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
I keep thinking of the terrible comment my friend said to me a while back. She said something like "Women who claim not to shave because they don't care what men/people think are actually just lazy." Recently I've been busy so shaving my body hair off has been number 300 on my priority list. I don't give much of a shit, if I had the time to take a long bath and relax I might have done so, but that's not the point. The point is that I remembered the conversation recently and now every time I see my legs I remember again.

And then recently she made these comments about my new athletic interest being 'butchy'.

I've known this girl my whole life, and I don't understand how someone who is pro rights for sex workers can be so completely down on women in other regards. Just because you feel like you have to have smooth legs 24/7 doesn't mean people who choose not to are pretending to be feminists so they don't have to shave their legs. And being an athletic female doesn't require one to be 'butchy' or 'built like a man'. Just. ... Head desk. We have clearly changed since childhood.

I'm going to go study now. So many tests. So far behind. Why can't I stop thinking about useless things and focus.
I know a loooooot of feminists who are "pro-sex work" who shit on other women all the time, particularly women of colour in my experience.

But fuck her. I haven't shaved in months. I love pit hair and keep it grown year round, and honestly I think I shave my legs mostly for other people and the boyfriend, I'm not brave enough to wear a skirt or shorts with leg hair yet. And I don't mind the smooth feel, I got to admit, its just what's the point in the winter when no one is seeing it? I'm also trying to find a non-shaving method that doesn't hurt like fuck, its so long now I knoooow its going to clog a razor and I dont' want to waste a blade on one shave.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote