View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #15
Corpus_Draconis

I've heard of "Year of the Ocean" and all sorts of noble, environmental things like that, but never something like "Year of the Funny."

Logically I think people should decide things like that after the year is over; look back on it and think "what stood out in it?"

Joke (I heard this when I was five): Three lawyers and three engineers were going on a business trip to the same place, same day, same length of time. The lawyers went to the ticket office and bought three train tickets. The engineers only bought one.
The lawyers asked the engineers "How are you going to get on the train with only one ticket?" and the engineers said "You'll see"
When they got on the train the lawyers found some seats, while the engineers all went straight to the bathroom. When the ticket collector came around, the engineers opened their door a crack and poked out their ticket. The lawyers thought it was a pretty cool trick, and decided they'd try it on the way home.
Thus, they only bought one ticket for the way home, while the engineers bought none. The lawyers were again confused, and the engineers again told them to wait and see.
When it was time to get on the train, both groups went to the bathrooms. Soon, there was a knock on the lawyer's door and a voice said "Ticket please," so the lawyers poked their ticket out and were all excited that the trick had worked.
A little while later, an other knock came on their door and an other voice said "Ticket please," but the lawyers didn't have a ticket to give. But who had they actually given the ticket to?

Speaking of New Year, who does resolutions? I haven't even made the attempt for years, because I know I'll never keep them.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote