View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #36
AshleyO

That's me taking the long view.

In the most apocalyptic sense, a handgun, while ineffective against a tank may be effective against a soldier who may have hesitations in the event of say... another revolutionary war.

And while I'm aware that the law is clearly set against the oppressed; I AM wondering if reform and hashing it out with your oppressors is really going to do anything at all.

I will agree on one thing or if we are going to entertain the idea of reform, then the only one that I can think of that would be fair is of course a full disarmament of the population on the promise and delivery of addressing and fixing policy to relieve class tensions. Yes... I am using class as an umbrella term here for all those that are oppressed under the regime that we have now.

Now I mean... if you want to entertain the part of me that imagines what armed revolt would look like in the USA... in the event of a revolution; it'd probably be easier to do so with asymmetric warfare. The population doesn't REALLY need guns in order to mount an effective revolt if they really wanted to... I'm just thinking that having guns may be at least minimally effective.

I take into consideration what Saya said and what it looks like she's saying is that the oppressed do absolutely nothing in defending themselves.

I guess when I look at it from Saya's perspective, those that are oppressed are either already AT WAR or they might get lucky and get a little mercy. Unfortunately, I'm not even sure how to fix it. They've tried reform and yes... naked overt 1920s styled racism isn't necessarily popular, but we haven't even come close to actually getting rid of it because it just went invisible. That certainly isn't a solution. I find it disheartening that the oppressed should technically BE THE ONLY ONES with a monopoly on violent force. But I'm sure I'm asking for something unrealistic in saying that.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote