View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 06:08 PM   #106
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Heh, I just think its funny that people here will be blatenly racist and bigoted, make deragotory comment after another about the French, Muslims, and people of other than the American Christian faith, belittle anyone who says they are from another country, and assume that even though say mexicans represent less than %18 of the national population in the states, they are still somehow the largest recipients of social welfare.
people express frustrations in their own way. just because someone, any one of us, doesn't feel obligated to open our arms to law breakers on the basis of their wanting to come into the country and get what they can by illegal means doesn't automatically make any of us racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captsternn
I mean, lets face it, most of the comments in this thread are in line with not only Robertson, but the KKK, National Front, and the Aryan Nation.
i don't agree with that. specifically, i don't agree that each of those people / groups you mentioned would deal with or express their opinions in exactly the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captsternn
Why not just take the advise of an aforementioned poster and just kill all those people? I mean, at the end of the day, people who are filled with this much hate that is displayed here end up attacking people not like themselves.
you know what it's like to attack someone "not like" yourself. i don't. expressing an opinion, voicing frustration and demanding change is not in any way, shape or form like killing people just because you don't agree with their illegal living. that might sit well in your mind when the day is done. i don't feel the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsternn
You know who you are.
whoever they are, they're not fitting the picture you're painting.