View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #250
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Are you really holding up a picture of a dead black girl, as a white man who denies racism is a problem, and saying because one victim was black, the others white, that it somehow cancels out the fact that this was an affluent mostly white school?
No, it's a response to the bullshit stupid bad dumb argument that "privileged people don't care about people who aren't privileged". God what an infuriatingly terrible belief. Leaving aside of course that not believing racism is the sole exclusive social problem is not the same thing as denying racism is A problem. It's not about whether it 'cancels out' the race or economic standing of the school, it's that murdering children is really awful! Who gives a fuck what their income bracket or race is? Other than you, I guess. WOW.

Quote:
And to apply this to murder, no one was blaming mental illness with the shooting at the Sikh Temple. We heard he was a Neo-Nazi, and we were all pretty much like "oh, well, that explains it." because its a senseless mass murder, but we know that if one accepts Nazism, this is the logical conclusion of that set of beliefs.

I don't think everyone who is pro-life is psychotic or mentally ill defacto even though their push to criminalize abortion would kill women, nor do I think those that target abortion doctors insane because I know that is the natural conclusion to the logic that abortion is murder.
David Berkowitz followed his delusional belief set to it's logical conclusion. Do you think he was sane?
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote