View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #46
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Okay and actually on topic: Alan I get where you are coming from and I agree that we should be able to openly discuss the good qualities of atrocious people as well as the awful things about good people, because human beings are not pure good or pure evil and there is a lot that can be learned and gained by acknowledging a person in their entirety.

That being said I disagree about Romney, back when he started his presidential campaign I may have agreed to some degree but at some point, and I really can't say exactly when, the things he has said and done have gone beyond pandering to the extreme elements of the Republican party. I don't know if saying and doing those things for so long made him start to believe them or if it was pandering to a more liberal state that hid his true colors until now, either way he no longer stands for the same things that he stood for in the past but it isn't just that. It would be easy to say that he is out of touch and doesn't understand the struggles that people face but I don't see ignorance in his actions, I don't hear it in his words, I mean yes, he has no idea what actually constitutes "middle class" but that isn't what I mean. What I see is someone who knows what the consequences of the stances he has taken are, he knows that people will and in fact are suffering because of words he has spoken, he simply does not care. To me that is inexcusable.
You should calm the fuck down. That's not how to make civil conversation and you're out of control.

But yeah, I get you. Even if a person is pretty cool about some things, I completely understand if there is just one thing that someone absolutely can't abide by. It's not my place to judge how someone wants to prioritize what is important to them, and doubly so if it's not something I can be involved in.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote