View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
This is one of the reasons we have laws about sexual harassment, one's group of employees is not a dating pool. *barf* Sometimes I feel like we're hurtling back in time, instead of going forward.
If it were up to several members within society, we would be going back in time regarding gender roles. I do think that this is something that can be fixed with litigation by bringing it to the forefront and by making people aware of it. By just saying, "Oh, this is fucked up, nothing else we can do about it" is not the way to fight it.

I think the dentist went to his lawyer and said, "Look, my wife's gonna leave me because I have the hots for my assistant. How can I get rid of her without breaking any laws and making it obvious that I do have the hots for her?"

He found the only possible loophole he could use, exercised it, and now the Iowa Supreme Court has basically declared open season for anyone to pull similar crap on anyone within the state of Iowa. The ramifications alone are what make me shudder, because now every state that has the "right to work" laws in affect can pull this without any ramifications by pointing at this case in Iowa.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote