View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #89
Acharis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post

We've just found out that we are losing the sexual assault counselling team that works out of the local hospital so that they can decrease spending, even though the budgets are in surplus.

The federal govt has ceased a dental scheme that they had run for the last 10 years or so, that let you get part of your dental costs covered if you had a chronic medical condition (like diabetes), because of the number of complications that occur later on from dental problems.. they are putting in a replacement scheme, which conveniently doesn't start until 12 months after they cease the one in place now. Once again.. the budgets are in surplus.
I don't know how many times I can say 'I don't want to live on this planet anymore' to cover either of those things. FUCKED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
...ever noticed how it is the vulnerable who get fucked over when money 'needs' to be saved?
Always.

Here in Australia Ted Baillieu is cutting the funding to tafes, which means that a sign language for the deaf course was going to be dropped.. Gone. No longer run. Maybe it already has been now, so good luck getting an interpreter in that region.

Now the Government is refusing to commit to funding a housing organisation that gets people out of homelessness, and he's involved with that decision. But he and Bracks spent millions to persist with Myki and there's money for jails... What a short sighted cunt.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote