Thread: Zimmerman walks
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #31
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
There was not a whole lot of reasonable doubt here. You can kill someone accidentally with your car and get manslaughter. You can not wash your hands and get someone sick and get charged with manslaughter if they die from eating your food. You can build a house and have it collapse years later killing those inside and get manslaughter. But apparently it was Trayvon's fault he was dead. That's what they're saying, Zimmerman was not at all at fault nor caused accidentally the death of Trayvon Martin.

Also, white people who kill black people are 250 times more likely to be acquitted and be found to be justified:http://io9.com/disturbing-chart-show...s-of-773490798

You're ridiculous if you want to commandeer the death of a black boy to make it all about you and your colourblindness. You can't even allow black people to grieve for the mass injustice that is served to them.
Last paragraph first, where do you even get this? I'm not commandeering anything, I'm not preventing people from grieving, and it's got nothing to do with my colourblindness (which for some reason you have a problem with? wtf.). I'm not making anything about me, is that another canned response that happens when your string is pulled?

Even if Trayvon had clearly been caught on film punching Zimmerman unprovoked in the face, that would make him an aggressor but it would not be a justification for Zimmerman to draw and fire upon him. That has nothing to do with race. It wasn't Trayvon's fault that he was killed, it was Zimmerman's and it was wrong for the jury to acquit him. Just not for the reasons you seem to be fixated upon.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote