View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:11 AM   #94
CuckooTuli

Frankly, one of the reasons I'm glad there is very little gun access in the UK is that I can think of at least one situation in which my having one could well have ended very, very badly. The only mental issue I've ever suffered from was mild depression as a teenager, so that's out as a causal factor, and I'm not even particularly fiery of temper (well, to a point). But during this one argument with a neighbour about noise, I just lost my shit. I hadn't slept in a few days, and it was a total red mist moment; if I'd had a gun in reach then I think there's a pretty good chance I would've shot him.

The realisation was unsettling at the time. These days though, I just figure that instance puts me in line with like 90% of the population..
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote