View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #4420
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
If they reboot it so that Rogue and Gambit end up together LIKE THEY SHOULD, I will forgive everything the movies have done horribly wrong.
No sign of Rogue or Gambit (or Storm or Cyclops or Jean Gray). Just Professor X, Magneto, Beast, Banshee, Mystique, Emma Frost, Azazel, Havock and a couple of other bit players.

They explained how Professor X ended up paralyzed because of an errant bullet from Moira McTaggert. And they explained how Magneto got that nifty telepathy-proof helmet by killing Sebastian Shaw (convincingly played by a game Kevin Bacon!)

Beo, I've wanted to watch that film for a while. Too many movies ... not enough time.

Which reminds me ... I hit up the pawn shop today and bought Adaptation for $2! And I got box set #1 of Monty Python's Flying Circus (with episodes 1-6) for $4, so that will go on the shelf where I've already picked up box sets #4 & #5 at bargain prices! I never get tired of the Pythons.

Speaking of which, did you know they're getting together to produce their first new work in something like 30 years? I wonder if this will be a case of "you can't go home again?" Cleese in particular has seemed ever increasingly cynical in interviews over the last decade, as if he didn't find much of anything funny any more.

#PardonTheTemporaryThreadjack

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote