View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
phalanxx

I've been doing the shave 'n draw thing on and off for about 3 years, and I do enjoy the fact that I am able to change it up when I feel like it. My natural brows are sparse and shapeless, and I don't like the way they look, especially when I am in full makeup. I dye my hair black, and I use a charcoal pencil for my brows (Palladio brand from Sally's), as black pencil looks too harsh for me. When I'm not in makeup I just draw a natural looking curve, but when I do full makeup I put a nice high, dramatic arch.

I did have to practice quite a bit to get them looking decent, and even now I have some days where I just can't get them right. I seem to do them best when I'm half asleep in the car with the visor mirror

As for covering up your brows, I have also heard that using liquid latex works. It's probably more expensive than a gluestick but I have heard it gives a better texture. If I was unsure about shaving, I would probably do the coverup a few times and practice drawing them on that way to see if that's what I really wanted, because growing them back out IS a pain!

HTH,
-Phalanxx
phalanxx is offline   Reply With Quote