View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Deadmanwalking_05

A.D.'s 3rd response

My whole fucking argument is that the Constitution is a living document. And that its our job as citizens to help ensure that rights are maintained and protected.

I'm not bogged down with history. Though it seems you feel like history bogs down the conversation. If you don't wish to have relevant historical references discussed, I suggest you try talking to some one else. The issues that I tend to spend the most time addressing have a deep and complicated history the consequences of which have had a lasting impact to this day.

I take it you've never heard of DOMA, which says for inter-state and federal purposes marriage is only recognized between one man and one woman. The state I live in doesn't recognize gay marriage either so that's a double-no here.

Also, you seem to be ignoring the reasons for the fight for reproductive rights. Try Educating yourself with some legal stuff like the Comstok laws, and check out Roe v. Wade. Want some more modern stuff? Check out the Person-hood movement. Its easy to ignore these issues if you can't get pregnant, but it takes a special kind of person to pretend they don't exist.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote