Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #6924
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I understand that part, and for that I am sorry.

What I don't understand is why it isn't appropriate with this forum, seems like everyone jokes about everything here except for traumatic issues(which is perfectly reasonable). People here joke about religion inspite of religious members such as myself, and I don't mind since I know they mean no ill will towards me. I wouldn't mind if jokes about men were made here, I quite enjoy the red green show's comedy which covers a lot of jokes about men, they even end each episode with what they call the mans prayer "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess".

This reminds me of the confusion I had when my mother used to say that she didn't like me watching the Simpsons because she felt it was offensive to men. My father on the other hand hasn't ever been much of a reference point for learning about comedy*insert strict german joke*.
Cisgender heterosexual men aren't systemically oppressed by sexism, neither are many many religious people. Depending on the joke though, as gender stereotypes are just dumb anyway. If someone made an Islamophobic joke, I'd call them out on it. If someone made a black joke, it wouldn't fly either. Ableist jokes I dont' find funny either and I haven't watched South Park in years.

And I'm offended by the lack of originality more so than the joke, its just so so tiring to hear over and over and over that women are irritational and you should just humour them, and people who tell that kind of joke usually finds it funny because they believe it. Even women.

PS Solumina, I know exactly what you mean. I don't really care for Mom's boyfriend and she could do better, but I bite my tongue about it.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote