View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #22
Alan

Know what? I'm even giving the decency of going through the thread (a favor you don't deserve) and here's what I found:

When Grausam called out on you for not including strippers on a thread of sex workers, when they are, you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elystan View Post
Changed my mind
What a shitty copout, and indeed it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
a lame as shit answer!

The second post I made explicitly states:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I bet you'll find surprising to know that I advocate for the legalization of prostitution. That still does not put is in the same camp.
So I find it idiotic that you think I'd somehow be in favor of prostitution but I apparently believe that there's no willing prostitution.

The real argument was that we read what you were saying as this:
Quote:
Of course he is deluded. His line of thought is merely this:
"Because I can theoretically think of conditions in which prostitution could be empowering, I applaud the current system of wage slavery, human trafficking, and sexist violence because I don't care about the empirical development of this industry nor will I care to actually empower the people in it. I'm just comfortable believing they ought to feel empowered already and I blame the victim if they do not adhere to my standards."
And JCC very unambiguously called out on you on how
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
If you're going to talk about the kinds of prostitutes who can rake in a bag off one john then you're on a totally different level to the prostitution argument that matters. As for £80 an hour in a brothel, like I said, you're deluded.

http://www.rapeis.org/discussion/dsexwork.html

9 euros p/h. And these are largely girls who don't have pimps taking the majority of the charge.

AND YOU ADMITTED THIS MUCH ALREADY!
Quote:
If it's the former in 95% of cases that's fucked up, but says nothing about the other 5%, which you seem to refuse to acknowledge.
You tried to 'change your mind' again and pretend that a topic about sex workers rights was ONLY about this ridiculous minority.
You even tried to do a new thread about that
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=25630

And THERE you say that this 5% that we 'refuse to acknowledge' and that according to you is perfectly willing and even empowered through sex still suffer
Quote:
The massive stigma they face, the inherent threat of violence, their lack of rights under law?

You can't even keep your opinions straight after completely deforming the initial topic to fit your need to 'win' the argument

Let's see on the contrary what others have to say.

Saya mentioned that non-oppressive prostitution does exist:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
For very few, very privileged women.

The average age of entry into prostitution is 14. If you enter that young, I doubt its a real informed choice if its all you've known.
And even told us a story of a friend of hers in that privileged position:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I know a queer woman who's a prostitute, her clients are women and she's pretty damn safe. She's also white and has other means of income. Its not the same as the other 97% of prostitutes who said if they could get out of it they would.

I mention my very real work with sex workers in my city, contrary to your little idle hypotheticals of a privileged white kid
Quote:
I've already told you I'm active on the fight for sex workers rights on an already infamously violent and dangerous city. Learn to pay attention dipshit.
And then we have the very direct words of Miss Absynthe, who HAS worked in the sex industry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
No body is saying that there is no way someone can choose prostitution and find it a positive experience.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

And Versus had to repeat himself once more to call on how YOU are the one making a generalization on all prostitution from the few cases of privilege that happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
We do believe it happens. We're telling you that it's not relevant in support of our initial statement that "Prostitution is fucked up" in response to your question "What do you think about prostitution?"

You're trying to imagine a scenario in which the statement "Prostitution is fucked up" is not true.

"Well, what if they get paid enough?"

"Well, what if they work independently?"

"Well, what if it's done willingly, by choice, without the threat of violence or coercion?"

"Well, what if I've seen it work out okay, before?"

And every single time, we've given you an informed and thought out argument of why your scenario should be dismissed when arriving at the original conclusion. You can't formulate an opinion about prostitution while ignoring 99% of it's occurrences.

For some reason, you're taking that as us not acknowledging what you're saying and refusing to discuss it.

And THEN you even acknowledged your own short-sightedness and mutilated the topic once more
Quote:
I want your opinion on the 1%

Q.E.D. bitch
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote