View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
BourbonBoy

I'm in my desert combat uniform with combat gear wandering the streets of an unnamed, generic Victorian era city where the streets are dead in the middle of the night. I enter what looks like a pub (the name seems to change or is too blurred to read each time for some reason) and a hostess with deathly pale skin and waist length black hair welcomes me in and hands me my favorite alcoholic beverage and a copy the book I'm reading at the moment.

She leads me into an area marked VIP and when it opens up I see everyone I served with in Tikrit on one side of the room while the people I knew in Germany (where I was stationed at following Tikrit) sitting on another side, yet none of them are in uniform. On the dance floor are some of my ex-girlfriends and their friends dancing to music I can't hear.

I turn to speak to the bartender while placing the book I'm carrying on the bar and I realize that he's someone I should recognize, but I'm not sure where, and just as I ask him to light a cigarello (mini-cigar, from Colombia) the drink in my hand shatters and the book that's sitting on the bar catches fire which is about the time I wake up.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote