View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #27
AshleyO

Quote:
That's your opinion,and I disagree with it as it realates to the B.O.R.

The very reason that we need to fight to preserve those rights is what keeps us informed and ever watchful of the government,and that helps to keep the government in check.
I think what really gets on my nerves is a lot of people's failure to see the distinction between the state and the government. Though that's not really their fault.

Quote:
Remember the original flag of our nation (the gadsden flag) featured a rattle snake that is in a coiled ready to strike position,this summed up the attitude needed to keep our republic and the rights others have died fighting for.
Yeah. I don't care. We haven't actually fought like that for freedom in a very very very long time. Those white men you worship aren't prophets and values amongst people change generation to generation. Hence why the BOR doesn't entirely mean anything.

Quote:
To quote one of the reasons for this choice is that the eyes of the depicted animal never blink,and as such it is a symbol of the eternal vigilance the people must have.
If the people were really so interested in liberation and freedom, they'd be executing CEOs. That's actually not happening.

Quote:
The ready to strike position also stood for the defenisve nature we must have toward our government,in case those in power forget that it is their job to serve us and not the other way around.
Again... if the people are so duty bound, then where is the revolution against privatization? Why is it all of a sudden a criminal offense when the Black Panthers militarize?

Quote:
Which is also why so many have taken up the old flag as of late, not as a threat but as a warning.
Who are these people that real revolutionaries have to be afraid of? Why does the anarchist, the communist, and any minority have to fear if they saw to it to mobilize for their own brand of liberation? Because they're not flying the white man's snake blanket. They're flying the red banner.

Quote:
You also do a disservice to your oath (you do claim to be a vet after all,and you did swear an oath to protect the Constitution and B.O.R. when you joined the armed forces of this country,am I right?)
I don't care. The BOR doesn't mean anything to the anarchist or the communist or well.... any sort of political group. It's vapor words because when you interpret the BOR to have the right to say... defend only yourself and your property; I see that right to have the people militarize and take the law into their own hands to liberate themselves from corporate plunder. You and I both come to different conclusions to what the BOR means. And only one of us is right or the document doesn't even matter. I take it that the document doesn't matter.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote