View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #17
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
I totally agree with this.. I think that if you're looking at a person with a view of having them complete a set task effectively (and ESPECIALLY when that task holds other people's lives in hand), then you need to know that the person CAN actually complete that task.

I used to work with two nurses, one who had a really severe intentional tremor and one who had her left hand amputated... it never bothered me to work with either of them because they could do the work that needed to be done. I worked with another who had back injuries and I hated it when he was on because he couldn't do the job - I understand that people with differing abilities should be able to work, but there are some jobs that just can not be compromised. When the nurse with the back injuries was on we spent most of the time filling in for his inabilities to perform, and ultimately our patients didn't get the care that they should be receiving because we were working with a patient:staff ratio of effectively 30:2 (with stand-by assistance from him) instead of 30:3.
Yeah, pretty much. Now think of the awesome medical benefits and life insurance the army gives: If I die because of my job, my mother gets 400,000 fucking dollars. The caveat to that is that I have to prove twice a year that I won't die or get injured because I can't cut it. My room mate has 16 years in and only needs 4 more for retirement, but he's being discharged because of his asthma and he's only in the air force. MY job chews people up and spits them the fuck out. I think the ultimate question is are women worth that risk to death benefits and combat readiness of their unit?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote