Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 03:13 AM   #8523
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore View Post
Yes, but I have tried explaining to them the situation every time it comes up for the past two years. The exact same thing using different approaches. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. It's like it goes in one ear and out the other with those two and I am DONE trying. That's why I asked my support worker to explain to them. And Gods help me if she can't, because if she can't make them understand, I am out of options and then I don't know what to do.
They seem to think I should be over it. After only two years? I explained to them that there were survivors who were STILL in therapy after 6 years. They told my sister behind my back. I understand that they were trying to help, but they took away a decision that was mine and mine alone. I wanted to tell her to her face, but no. My Gran told her over the phone like she was gossiping. And when I confront her, she guilt trips me into apologising for something that SHE did. In my eyes she is no better than the asshole who took away my control over the situation I was in. That may sound harsh but it's true. My Grandparents need to realise that taking away my choice in the matter or my control over a situation is NOT the way to help me get better.
Unfortunately you can chose your friends, but you can't pick your relatives.
You can't change the way your grandparents behave, however, you can change your perspective on things.

Hell, I know that's easier said than done, but if you want to take control back over your life, over your triggers, over your feelings et al, then you need to change.

I flamin' triggered when I found out a classmate was singing the praises of the teacher who abused me. But then, I thought to myself, "Right that bastard had such a negative impact on my life - am I going to let him keep having a negative impact? Or am I going to be fucking brilliant, totally awesome and soar to new heights?"

Soar baby. Soar.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote