View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
Deadmanwalking_05

You aren't adressing the fact that individuals can be protected from other individuals through the use of the B.O.R.

The issues that are so hot button today weren't addressed in the B.O.R. for a reason (because as stated it was put in place to stop our government from becoming tyrannical).

You are halfway at the answer though.

If said document is meant to restrain the government,it can (and is currently being argued) that it also restrains against abuses by an individual.

Because if a government can't abuse an individuals rights,how can another individual be allowed to abuse the rights of someone they don't like?

Also you are getting bogged down by the history and how the document currently came to be instead of adressing it as it stands now.

As such you aren't thinking of it as a living document,and are dismissing what it already affords due to past social conflicts.

As it stands now (to my knowledge) there is nothing that says one gender can't marry the same gender,or the one person has to give up control of their body to the state.

Read what is said and apply that to the current issues we face as a nation today and you will find that there is no need for further amendments because the protections already exist as the B.O.R is now,all one needs to do is apply them in the proper context.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote