View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #63
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
I think DC forgets sometimes that variety is the spice of life. For instance what I used to love about the X-Men titles was how each team was fighting for equality (not to mention, one of the few series with multiple racial minorities with significant roles) and had their own way of doing it. X-Factor through the government, X-Men by leading through example and X-Force were the hot headed rookies that made their elder counterparts nervous.

Then came Joe Quesada who killed off all the titles but Uncanny X-Men and X-Men when he was senior editor at Marvel, so fuck that guy. Thanks to him and what I mentioned earlier I went to the indie titles and have since strictly read Heavy Metal Magazine on occasion. It wouldn't take something significant for me to get back to the titles I used to love, but between the movies that are hit or miss and the shakeups like New 52 it's highly doubtful.
My sympathies, I used to be a big X-Men fan. I think Nostalgia Chick said it best that its more like being a recovering X-Men fan, I deep down still love it and probably always will, but I just don't trust them not to hurt me again.

The movies killed me. My two most favourite X-Men are Rogue and Gambit and I hate they weren't together and instead she was with the dickweed who played Jake in the Animorphs tv show.

On the other hand. Deadpool is pretty awesome. Its an awesome break from all the SERIOUS DEATH ANGST GORE shit.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote