Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #6972
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Thanks Cuckoo & Acharis.

Saya - I'd say do whatever you can to facilitate any kind of reconciliation you can. I wouldn't usually give that kind of advice for a situation that doesn't directly involve you, but there's a death involved and that whole !It's the things you DIDN'T do that you'll regret the most" thing is so very fucking true. My personal take is that your mom should TOTALLY call your aunt; unwanted interferance is a lot less upsetting & more easily forgotten afterwards than a death that takes away your chance to EVER make that shit right. But that's just my take on it, without knowing the people involved at all... anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa.
Thanks dude. I forgot to tell you guys that mom did end up calling my aunt, and they did know. She said that he's as crotchety as ever, is pissed that they can't drop everything and visit right away, but he's also telling them that its nothing serious. I have my suspicions about that, since its stage 3 and he's 77 years old, but as far as he's telling everyone its not a huge deal.

We haven't spoken in like, ten years because he and my nan are very old fashion and don't think divorce is right, so when my mom asked for a divorce obviously that made her a terrible person and my sister and I were also terrible for sticking up for her (my brother was too young and we tried to leave him out of it as much as possible.) So I'd feel very awkward barging back into his life just because I think he might die, but I am going out for coffee with my dad soon and I'll see how that goes, if dad says he wants to see me I'll go, but I don't think I should uninvited.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote