Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
Corpsey

Self introduction

Howdy. thought i'd chuck up an introduction for those who care.

My name is daniel reynolds and im not really what you'd call a goth. im too bloody happy half the time but im still against the whole conformatism nature that humans have. i go to massey university in New Zealand and im planning on finishing up with a double major B.A. in japanese and french with sme german and then i'll do a year at teachers college and then i'll b able to teach languages at any high school, or so my guidance counsellor tells me. i love languages and i come from one of those countries in the world where you can be bloody lazy and only get by speaking one language. i'd also really like to learn russian and mayb yiddish one day, maybe i'll some post grad papers in them. i dunno yet.most ppl i talk to think im a complete freak but not one of the bad ones, more like one of the randoms with dark interests. Im also a pyromaniac and have been brought up around machine guns, tanks and all that stuff. my dads taught me enough to know how to penetrate most tank armour if i have the gear and it was stationary but i've never tried to blow up anything more than large boulders (my dads a pyro freak too and he's an engineer in the NZ army so he was in a position to teach me from a baby)

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
currently i lust play the guitar, write poems when im in that creative mood, and i work as a cleaner but just finished working as a scarer at this place called the amazing maze in maise in marton and it was excellent pay along with excellent work and good bastards to work with. i never got to choose my character so i got to be this psychotic military guy which was kinda lame as there were four other people doing the exact same thing.

2. Where are you from?
Palmerston north, New Zealand, though i've lived in quite a few places around there cos of my dad being in the army

3. Who is your favorite author?
fuck, toughie..........Sherryl Jordan

4. What are your favorite films?
V for vendetta, RRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr, Tais toi and forest gump

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Fat bottomed girls by queen. nah, most probably "i would lie for you" by Meatloaf.

6. At your funeral?
Either Cold heritage by Lacuna coil or To bid you farewell by Opeth

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
For some sort of cause but not for a war of any sort, cos its so fucking meaningless.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Cheapest one possible made out of cheap as fuck pine wood. im fed up of people ruining beautiful wood by burning it all

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
i have none. i wear sandals and thai pants sometimes in the summer but when its cold i whip on my best warm gear and i choose whichever clean t-shirt i have

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
innocence to reality

11. What's your favorite band?
currently dissilusion is my favourite just because i dont want to think i just spent $35 on a crap cd (14 something in yank money) but they're pretty decent but the guy cant do heavy vocals to save himself, hence he uses mainly very very good clean vocals, similar to the katatonia vocals

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
NCEA lvl 3 (final year of highschool) achieved with UE and im currently working on getting my major as stated above

13. Why did you join?
Found it when i was looking for gothic poetry and thought i mite as well join when i wanted to have my say on post

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Bloke

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
Sanctus Dei

Wait... you said going to be a Language Teacher?

God, please save the children... please? Fucking christ.. *rolling eyes*
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:17 AM   #3
Magpie_Tendencies

You know, I didn't mind you until you made an introduction. Which is weird because normally I don't like people unless they've made an introduction. But seeing yours made me feel oddly worse.

Is it really that hard to write "be"? Or "people"? Or capitalise your "I"?

If you love languages so much, why do you feel the need to slaughter this one?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:33 AM   #4
Corpsey

I'm sloppy as when it comes to typing on the internet. As you can see i need practise and where better to improove than here? And what's so wrong with being a language teacher?

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:36 AM   #5
Magpie_Tendencies

Nothing's wrong with being a language teacher. Sanctus merely saw the irony in teaching English when your own typing is so bad.

And that post was much better. Except for two itty-bitty typos. Keep doing that and we'll be bestest best friends. Maybe.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:03 AM   #6
Corpsey

Sounds good. Which part of Australia are you from? I have yet to travel to Australia but seeing as it's one of the nearest countries to New Zealand I thought it would be best to visit there eventually.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:06 AM   #7
Magpie_Tendencies

I'm down in Victoria.

Where in New Zealand are you? I've been there twice but only to Christchurch and it was when I was very young. My Aunt used to live there.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:30 AM   #8
Corpsey

Palmerston North, it's not much of a town but it's the biggest town between Wellington & Taupo. The only thing about Palmerston that makes it different from all the surrounding villages is that it has a movie theatre and a music store that sells more than just what the New Zealand population considers to be "popular". What is worse is that the store Mango Music is closing down.... Also if you're a student we have free bus services which is pretty awesome but i barely use it. Hey, if i was looking for some very good new-wave goth band, with decent lyrics, what would you reccomend? It's getting harder to find new alternative music out there that doesn't suck.

Old 05-18-2006, 05:47 AM   #9
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
im too bloody happy half the time
Sure!!! How could anyone possibly be gawth and happy at the same time?!* le sigh*
Now if you need anything, I'll be in my room weeping and slitting my wrist. Goth points for me, anyone???
Old 05-18-2006, 05:59 AM   #10
Morrigan_Dubh

'All the way up to 11' goth-points for you, baby-cakes *smooches*
Old 05-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #11
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
'All the way up to 11' goth-points for you, baby-cakes *smooches*
You just made my day, sweetie pie *HuGz*
Old 05-18-2006, 11:20 PM   #12
Sanctus Dei

You just lost 2 points for the *HuGz*... tsk tsk.

Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:39 PM   #13
Corpsey

I dont know what goth is at all other than its an attitude, i just was looking for some place to chuck up some poetry when i had the time. After i read the poem "In The Eyes Of A Stranger" by Delvin i thought this site rocked so i signed up.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #14
Corpsey

I'd expect nothing less from this website, if i put up crap poems then i'd expect them to be torn to shreds. I'm currently trying to finish up on my poems called "mother" and "R.U.N.N.E.R" (Robotic unentertaining narcotic needing emasculate retards) and once i've finished up on them i'll chuck them up there tomorrow, but "mother" really needs fixing