Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Empire: Total War

We fought along bloodied ground in Japan, where Samurai held the lands of Japan, the Ninja and Geisha held the shadows, and the Shogun held the mind.

We made Rome great, Conquering the great Barbarian tribes of Europe. We made Greece great when we reunited them once more. Then when all was said and done, we the Goths pillaged Rome!

We held our Castles strong as we defended the now old kingdoms of Europe in the name of God and the King.

Now we fight once more, we fight as none have fought before. The world is Old and New, and the sword and shield no longer keep us safe. We fight for an Empire, we fight for riches, but most of all... we fight for FREEDOM!

* Gunpowder and blood now stain the waters and lands as we fight with new tactics, and new units in a way never seen before.

* Water becomes a new land as we fight with Fleets, and Armadas in real time naval warfare.

* In this time of idealism the world gives birth to a new nation, ruled by no King, but a people. The revolutionary war is here.

http://www.sega.com/empire/

Oh and yes this post is entirely written by me, not copied off some website's description of the game, and as much as I would like I am not getting paid for this.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Necrophagist

Empire is just....gay

It's predeccors were far better.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
Empire is just....gay

It's predeccors were far better.
How can you say that when you haven't even played it? Is it simply because you don't like gunpowder warfare?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 01-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

Fuck I love Total War.
Unfortunately my computer is too old I can't even play the second one anymore.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
Necrophagist

Yes, I do hate gunpowder battles.

Epic battles with cannon elephants vs peasants is PWNAGE.

Gunpowder battles are boring.

I am the Antiproduct!

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
Duane

Gunpowder battles, BOOM BOOM BANG! I'm going to get it. What are the requirements for the game to work. Would XP be good enough to run it?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
Renatus

I'm afraid for the moment I have been unable to find the exact officialy confirmed system requirements.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:39 AM   #8
Nexus-6

I can't wait to give this a go though I'm not sure whether my computer will run it.
Nexus-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:08 AM   #9
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Empire? Gunpowder? As in 18th and 19th century empires? Bitchin. I need to get this game.

Rule Britannia, mofos.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:30 AM   #10
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
Empire? Gunpowder? As in 18th and 19th century empires? Bitchin. I need to get this game.

Rule Britannia, mofos.
I already have my special edition reserved.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:33 AM   #11
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
I already have my special edition reserved.
Nice. Let us know what you think!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #12
PortraitOfSanity

I'm really excited for this game. I've been addicted to the series since Shogun.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #13
Drake Dun

I played Shogun: Total War and Medieval Total War. Cool series. I'll never forget taking over the whole known world as the Polish.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #14
Necrophagist

I started off with medieval and the viking invasion.

I am the Antiproduct!

Old 02-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #15
Renatus

As of January 29th the system requirements have been confirmed and are available at: http://www.totalwar.com/empire/gameinfo/news.php?n=2952

Old 02-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #16
Nexus-6

Thanks for the link Renatus you just saved me money, frustration & a couple of posts in the whining forum. Looks like I won't be getting this one after all - "Please note that all retail and digital download copies require activation via STEAM". Fuck STEAM!!!!.
Nexus-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #17
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus-6
Thanks for the link Renatus you just saved me money, frustration & a couple of posts in the whining forum. Looks like I won't be getting this one after all - "Please note that all retail and digital download copies require activation via STEAM". Fuck STEAM!!!!.
Np, though I'm sorry you'll have to miss out on it.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #18
Renatus

Well now they are starting to advertise Empire: Total War right here on gnet.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #19
Renatus

The Empire:Total War Demo is now available here: http://www.totalwar.com/empire/demo/

Old 03-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #20
Renatus

I now have my Empire:Total war Special Forces Edition, and am installing it right as I'm typing this.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #21
Necrophagist

Finished yet?

I am the Antiproduct!