Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:07 AM   #1
Catch

Stamina Or Insomnia?

Lately, it seems like I only get four or five hours of sleep at night. My days are going in reverse. Today I got out of bed at 3AM, the day before 4AM and the day before around 5AM. I'm still sleeping and it is a solid sleep with plenty of time to roll around in bed. Always thinking I'll be tired, sometimes I'll rest but not sleeping. Last week, I would go back to sleep and have a coupld dreams during the short one or two hour nap. Now it's getting worse.

There isn't much to complain about. Previous wondered if I over sleep. It could be a sign of stamina, worried it might be something else. I don't know, but I'm wide awake and it is very early in the morning.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:27 AM   #2
Solumina

You're just growing up. People in different stages of life need different amounts of sleep. If I'm remembering correctly 15-20 year olds need the most at about 9 hours a night and 35-50 year olds need the least with about 5 hours per night.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
Catch

Okay, that explains it I guess. Never inhibbited me before. Oh well.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Tam Li Hua

I've had trouble sleeping too, but for different reasons.

I hope you are able to get some real rest soon!
Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
Ben Lahnger

People who bump up their hours of sleep, from 6 to 7 hours, have a 33 percent decreased chance of having clogged arteries. Researchers say lack of sleep is connected to cardiovascular disease, hypertension and high blood pressure. It also compromises the immune system, contributes to obesity and severely impairs mental judgment.

I've also seen studies that reported (and I've experienced this) that you are more likely to be clumsy and accident prone on less sleep.

Changing Your Life: Getting More Sleep Can Improve Your Health (link)

Dieting might be more difficult too. Recent findings also show that when you are sleep deprived, your body actually boosts production of the hormone that makes you hungry.

I used to brag that since I was getting by on 6 hours sleep or less when others were taking 8, it was as if once every 12 days I had lived another 24 hours longer than other people ... gaining one full day of living over others in that time span.

Since so much recent information has come forward indicating I could possibly be shortening my lifespan, I don't worry about that anymore. And I recently cut out almost all the caffeine out of my diet ... and I'm sleeping 7-8 hours a night now (at my *ahem* advanced age ... LOL!)

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
Saya

It means you're going to die.

I'm so sorry.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:26 AM   #7
Still Jack

This week I've rarely been sleeping more than 1 or 2 hours a night. I feel fine though. It just seems like I don't need any extra energy. I'm virtually caffeine free ( with exception of the odd cup of tee. )
Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 AM   #8
JCC.

Unhappy

Sounds like you're bipolar and have diabeetus. I am sorry for your loss .

On a different note, depending on your age, this could just be normal shit. Like Solumina said, growing up will fuck with more than just the shit you can see. I never managed to get back into a proper sleep cycle, but I remember it all started when I was around fourteen or something. A guy I know, 25 years old, just about finished his sleep cycle shift.

Then, some people are just nocturnal, and the change happens mid-teens to early twenties.
JCC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #9
Catch

Thank you all for anticipating my death. Actually, I've stopped walking or running on the eliptical cycle as much, so maybe just a blip in my health, because of a sudden change. I'm back to walking every once in awhile and feel fine. Five hours of solid sleep is actually refreshing, so it isn't bipolar. Previously slept about eight hours anyway.