Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 03:44 AM   #1
Avarice

Erm.. Gothic Bands. [No not another one! =O]

Well, I'm getting a bit tired of the music I've got now, and need some new stuff.
Yup.

So I'm thinking any Goth Rock? Anything thats... er.. 'Dark'.
Something thats Gothic ... ah.. Melodical, if thats what you'd call it.

Thankyous...
Old 04-23-2006, 04:48 AM   #2
Demonista_Ravenesque

Come to the dark side.

Listen to rap instead!!

Dun Dun Dun!!!

Meh, industrial's great too.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Old 04-23-2006, 05:05 AM   #3
pitseleh

Must every new member have their own musical "begging thread"? I admit, I usually (or, used to) think recommending bands to people is fun.

No more.

I'm tired of giving tips to people who give absolutely zero feedback as to whether they actually listen to the stuff brought before them. I am baffled at people's complete inability to seek out good music by themselves. There are literally thousands of good bands out there waiting to be heard, if you just open your mind to different kinds of music. If you're just looking for melodic goth-rock, it shouldn't be hard to find at all. Find sites that review the kind of music you're into (a simple google search should do the trick), check out record labels that focus on this type of music, type in the name of a band you like in Music Map, do whatever... Just don't come 'round here asking for vague directions to an unspecified location, without even saying where you've already been.

The truth is, there aren't really that many good goth-rock bands nowadays. Most are third-rate Sisters rip-offs or boring pop-metal outfits. You need to go outside the strict confines of the goth genre to find bands doing something interesting with what you can loosely call "dark rock".

I'm not flaming you or anything, I'm just sick of wasting my time recommending stuff that falls on deaf ears, to someone who most likely has a taste in music wildly different to my own. But hey, I guess I just wasted my time writing this little piece, too...
Old 04-23-2006, 05:56 AM   #4
Avarice

Eh... Rap, ew.

And...er... what the fudge? :|
Old 04-23-2006, 06:10 AM   #5
Demonista_Ravenesque

Not what the fudge.

I suggest you take his fucking musical advice, it's valuable.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Old 04-23-2006, 06:32 AM   #6
Draconysius

There already is a countless ammount of suggestion threads within this section. Maybe if you took fifteen or so seconds from your busy schedule to do a quick search, you wouldn't humiliate yourself so much.
If you're looking for gothic rock, listen to Marilyn Manson. He's the most gawthy gawth 733+ kewl gawth out there. Now go annoy someone else.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:05 AM   #7
Suspiria

Go here.

It may be helpful for your quest.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #8
Icarian Decoding

http://www.pandora.com should probably help you.

Anyway, you want some, "Dark Stuff"? I think I can find a few bands, you may not have heard of.

Arch Enemy, Bathory, Behemoth, Black Goat, Blazemth, Burzum, Celtic Frost, Children of Bodom, Dark Throne, Dark Tranquility, DevilDriver, Dimmu Borgir, Dope, Dragonforce, Emporer, Gorgoroth, Gotmoor, Impaled Nazarene, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Niden Div 187, Nightwish, NME, Rob Zombie, Rotting Christ, Septic Flesh, Type O Negative, Zyklon-B.

For some, lighter bands, but I still think they are good:
Fort Minor, Lacuna Coil, Mindless Self-indulgence, Rage Against the Machine, and Rammstein.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:46 AM   #9
Cruel Intentions

If you want "dark" as in "morbid" evanescence would do if you prefer the lighterstuff and Cradle of Filth for the heavier stuff.

I know, I'm ranting cradle again but just about every other band I know has already been mentioned.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:39 AM   #10
bjork_freak

Evanescence morbid? I wouldn't even call them dark.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #11
WolfMoon

There are plenty of other threads suggesting great bands to listen to. It would behoove you to do a little search of the boards.

*THREAD LOCKED*
Closed Thread