Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-16-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
Alaizabel Cray

lyk, i am so gawth

Heh, sorry, it just cracks me up whenever someone says that.

So, about me:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I love to read and write, and I'm into web design as well as fashion design (because mainstream styles doesn't generally agree with me, I might as well make my own), and well, at the moment my job is just getting through high school in one piece, but after that I want to be a Medical Examiner.

2. Where are you from?

California, USA

3. Who is your favorite author?

I absolutely love Stephen King, Libba Bray, and Chris Wooding.

4. What are your favorite films?

Moulin Rogue, Murder by Numbers, Friday The 13th, Suicide Club (even though I do have to read the subtitles), Corpse Bride, Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Little Shop of Horrors, V for Vendetta,

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

I haven't really given it much thought, I've still got a ways to go before I'm going to be getting married, but "Anywhere" by Evanescence seems a nice choice for me.

6. At your funeral?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Drowning in my own blood, at an old age after accomplishing all I've ever wanted/needed to do, after my true love has died so they won't have to see me die.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

I'd rather be cremated (I don't like the idea of being contained in a box for eternity), and have half of my ashes spread by my sister's gravestone, and the other half secretly spread around 6 Flags.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Oh, wow, hard one. Well, it'd have to be my brown lace skirt with a short but full petticoat underneath, an ivory/brown striped sweater, a midnight blue beanie, green glasses, and my spray-painted gold Chucks.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

My sister

11. What's your favorite band?

That's an impossible question to answer, but in the past month I've been listening to a lot of Metallica, Say Anything, Rilo Kiley, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Muse, and Queen.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

One year of high school completed, three to go. My major is going to be either Biology or Chemistry.

13. Why did you join?

Found the site on accident, and decided to check it out and see who I meet here.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Female.

Ya'll can call me Bel and feel free to message me or something, I love meeting new people.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
Iriacynthe

Hi,
I love your signature! It's always been one of my favourite music quotes too, and I think that's the best song she ever had.
Your favourite outfit sounds gorgeous by the way, you don't happen to have pics, do you?
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
Alaizabel Cray

I think it's her best song too, I just love it, I could listen to that one song for the rest of my life. Sadly, my camera is busted so I have no pictures. x( 'Tis a tad depressing.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #4
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Cool, I've been listening to Muse too lately. I thought I was o so cool that I knew who they were and in the last few days they're suddenly allover MTV. Not quite happy about that...anything put on MTV starts sounding so banal.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
Alaizabel Cray

I know, I have the same problem with a lot of bands. I really get into them and no one at my school has ever heard of them and then they end up on MTV and suddenly they get ruined. (I have sort of a natural disdain for anything popular. Certain things, if I really like them, I'll keep them despite the trends because just because something is overly trendy doesn't mean I have to give up my favorite jacket or something.) Also happens with clothes. I'm typically about a season and a half ahead of all the fashion magazines my school is obsessed with (ok, half of my stuff never catches on, but the other half always does and I hate it), and everyone thinks I'm insane until they see my outfits in TeenVogue, at which point they adopt everything they said was "weird". I hate my town, the kids are such trendy rich little brats.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
-Oscar Wilde

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #7
cradle

My usual outfit includes blue jeans and a black or white shirt.
and in the winter a black hoodie with black pants...
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #8
Alaizabel Cray

Wonderful quote Jillian, I'll have to remember that.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #9
Don't Look Behind You

I have that quote writen down in my "quotes-collection"! Oscar Wilde realy knew how to say something.

And with the fashion, that happens to me constantly. I even begin to wonder whether the fashion magazines get the idea from ME. The last stroy was with wearing ties. A few months ago I started with the idea (discovered the ancient tie I once "stole" from my uncle) and now I see almost every 7th girl wearing a tie. But i managed to clear up how come that is. Lately the fashion has been constantly taking ideas from the fashion of earlier times like, i donno the 60s-70s or something like that, which included wearing loose ties to the disco.
Annoying.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #10
Alaizabel Cray

Hah, wow. Yeah, I've often found myself jokingly checking in the bushes to see if there are hidden reporters somewhere taking notes on my faily apparel. The footless tights trend was me (I had a pair of black and white striped tights that got a really nasty hole in them down by the ankle, and in order to salvage them I cut them off above the ankle. Then, the next thing I know, everyone's got their own pre-made footless tights.). And, this was about 2 years ago, there was a trend with denim skirts, the actual denim part was really short and then there was fabric sewn onto the end to make the rest of the skirt. I freaking made my own months before they came out. I had an old pair of shorts I was sick of, so I ripped out the inseam, did some sewing and voila, new skirt. I even made a matching belt with the extra fabric, haha. Then I saw almost the exact same thing in a department store about 5 or 6 months later and almost had a heart attack.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #11
Iriacynthe

Isn't Muse trendy since like, five years ago, or was that just a European thing?

On the subject of fashion: look at it from the other side, when the trend you like is over you'll find tons of cool and barely worn stuff in trift shops all over the place. I didn't mind when H&M started selling corset-shaped tops for 20 euro, saves me the 30-km-trip to the nearest goth store and the 50 euro for the ridicilously overpriced crap those goth stores sell! Besides, how funny is it to see preppy kids dressed up 'punk' or 'goth' because that suddenly becomes trendy?
Old 07-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #12
Don't Look Behind You

I didn't notice muse being trendy here, which is actually what made me proud of having discovered them all on my own.

You are right abou H&M, but I still get annoyed. First of all, the idea immediately looses all originality when it ends up in H&M. Also, the things may have the general interesting "goth" idea, but the way they are cut, the clothing looks banal and doesn't really have the "message" that it should have. That is because it is made for those people that wear it only because it is fashionable at the moment and just looks "cool" without really fitting into the role the clothing is supposed to present.

I think clothing is an essential way of communication and that is why I hate everything that is so superficial as the "trendy" stuff one can find in H&M and the like. It is a abuse of good ideas and it supports this culture of mixing all styles together so that they don't mean anything anymore and then go around and consider oneself cool.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #13
Iriacynthe

I didn't really look at it in that way, but I do think one can look perfectly original in H&M-clothes. In my opinion, it's not the clothes that make the person, but the person makes the clothes. The right person can make a plain black top look gorgeous and goth as hell.
I'm often more bothered by the 'real' goth shops, they often sell the same overpriced crushed velvet crap everywhere. I'm not saying H&M quality is better, they just don't pretend to be all original and alternative and so on. I know there are some great shops out there too, but ouch, are they hard to find! Creativity and originality in clothes is often considerd less important than the money people will pay for it, and that counts for trendy clothing as well as for goth clothing. The solution: be creative yourself and wear that dress/corset/blouse in the totally cool you-way!

(My God, I sound like someone in an ad for some cheap change-your-life-in-ten-lessons-book. Kill me, please?)
Old 07-24-2006, 06:24 PM   #14
Alaizabel Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriacynthe
(My God, I sound like someone in an ad for some cheap change-your-life-in-ten-lessons-book. Kill me, please?)
I would put you out of your misery, but then I'd have to kill myself too, because I do the same thing at times, and I dont think I'm ready to die yet. So sorry. Haha.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:06 AM   #15
Don't Look Behind You

You are absolutely right about the person making the clothing and not the clothing making the person...that's why I just sew my own clothing. And any gothic shop I know is complete crap. The quality is ridiculous and there aren't even any new ideas. As you said, the whole "velvet" (it most certainly isn't real velvet) stuff and that's all.
The only places where I manage to find good stuff are extremely expensive designer stores...and the clothing there is also not for me becuase it is made for milloinaire-wives that would wear theses things only to some huge cocktail party with their husbands' collegues.
In such a store i saw such a BEAUTIFUL victorian-ish black dress. I think I'll die.

You sound like a change-your-life-in-ten-lessons-book and I sound like am ultimate dissapointed with the world whiner. If there is anyone ready to kill, then I'm getting in line.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:38 PM   #16
Beowulf

Welcome !!!
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote