Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:53 AM   #26
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
It is too far for us and them. Because you can't go too fast in space.
If you were traveling only 1/4 the speed of light, and your ship was hit by a grain of space dust, you would be destroyed! So that means you would have to travel LIGHTYEARS at a snails pace! The ship MIGHT get there , but it would be full of million year old corpses. Out in deep space you need good shielding or else you will fry. I don't care what species of alien, they have to tackle the same obsticles that we do in deep space travel.
If aliens did see earth millions of years ago, they would have started on the long jorney back then and gotten here dead! At that time, there were only dinosaurs here! Why would they try to come here knowing they won't survive, to come to earth to visit dinos?
First off, humans use jets in space, mostly. Secondly, have you never though they might use some form of electromagnetic force-field? I mean, that would be pretty much essential. Plus, since space aliens are still only hypothetical, they could be from ANYWHERE. Plus, the saucer in question could even be some form of space-faring lifeform in itself. And you've also got to consider that people have been seeing UFOs (and even "Aliens") for quite a long time ("Chariots of the Gods" quackery not included).
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:10 AM   #27
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
First off, humans use jets in space, mostly. Secondly, have you never though they might use some form of electromagnetic force-field? I mean, that would be pretty much essential. Plus, since space aliens are still only hypothetical, they could be from ANYWHERE. Plus, the saucer in question could even be some form of space-faring lifeform in itself. And you've also got to consider that people have been seeing UFOs (and even "Aliens") for quite a long time ("Chariots of the Gods" quackery not included).
I have thought of some kind of energy shield before. But it wouldn't help if the ship colided with an asteroid. You couldn't react fast enough to turn in time. The flying saucer is a man made machine, it is nothing more then that. It is powered by electricity.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:30 AM   #28
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
I have thought of some kind of energy shield before. But it wouldn't help if the ship colided with an asteroid. You couldn't react fast enough to turn in time. The flying saucer is a man made machine, it is nothing more then that. It is powered by electricity.
Prove it.

Prove that aliens' technology would not be able to get them here.
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:38 AM   #29
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
What if they were capable of creating extremely powerful forcefields? Plus, even though a living brain might not be able to turn in time, a computer could be programmed to.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #30
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
What if they were capable of creating extremely powerful forcefields? Plus, even though a living brain might not be able to turn in time, a computer could be programmed to.
I didn't think of that. A flying saucer can turn on a dime.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:43 PM   #31
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland
Prove it.

Prove that aliens' technology would not be able to get them here.
I tried to explain the obsticles that I am aware of.
Malice In Wonderland, even if I did prove it, it still wouldn't be good enough.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #32
Agent17

On another note: Earth may not be so insignificant in the eyes of superior beings, think of all of the useless rock out in space, now look at earth. Earth on one of (possible) few planet that even comes close to sustaining life. Which would make it a nice land grab, if aliens are interested in colonization.

And another thing I thought about: Intergalactic war would suck, as there is no air in space (meaning there won't be any epic sounding explosions, and laser projectiles are not possible (by our understanding).

Just something to consider...
Agent17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #33
Opteron_Man

Why do I allways here that aliens are "superior beings"?
They could be 1000 years behind us.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #34
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Why do I allways here that aliens are "superior beings"?
They could be 1000 years behind us.
Could be multiple races.