Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum




Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #26
Versus
 
Versus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,828
I am such a noob. D:
__________________
Woke up with fifty enemies plottin' my death
All fifty seein' visions of me shot in the chest
Couldn't rest, nah nigga I was stressed
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.


-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #27
Grausamkeit
 
Grausamkeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,290
Fuckin' n00bz!
__________________
I'd rather label myself than have a million other people do it for me. ~ Pathogen

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #28
Ben Lahnger
 
Ben Lahnger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Um, lower, oh yeah, uh, uh ... YES THERE!
Posts: 6,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Fuckin' n00bz!

The true answer to Gnet veterans Introduction Question #1.
__________________
Lead me not into temptation ... follow me, I know a shortcut!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.


Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #29
Grausamkeit
 
Grausamkeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,290
ba-dum-tish!

I want to see Jill answer Apathy's question.
__________________
I'd rather label myself than have a million other people do it for me. ~ Pathogen

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #30
Alan
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,942
I didn't see it as the page changed. I used the word ugly to talk about the noobs that are just not wanted, you're the ones that took it as something physical.
Is there any actual evidence about me treating ugly people different or is this one of those bullshit assumptions like how people always imitated Chandler from Friends by saying "Could I BE any *so and so*?" when in fact he never said that in the show?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly
You fucking people [war veterans] are only a step below entitled rich kids, the only difference being you had to do and witness horrible things, instead of being given everything.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #31
AshleyO
 
AshleyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,696
You guys are trying to grasp at some ambiguous shit on Alan.

So I'll make this easy so you all can hate properly.

Fuck ugly people. Fuck them so hard!
__________________
"Women hold up half the sky" -Mao

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #32
Vince
 
Vince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: 318
Posts: 131
i honestly didn't see any "hate". Or ambiguity for that matter. Why is Apathys_Child plural? "Ones"..."You guys"...have there been some posts beleted?

One guy asked a question. One other person said she'd like to see the answer. Doesn't seem like that person is in agreement with the question posed...or is that another matter of some serious reading between the lines? Assumption?

Fuck's sake i need to go back to school. i'm so missing much here.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #33
Grausamkeit
 
Grausamkeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,290
Nah, Vin, you have it correct, sir. Personally, I've never seen Jill treat someone differently on the forum because they didn't look like someone he wanted to fuck. I'm probably going to catch flack for it, but I don't think that the type of people you like to fuck has any bearing on how you treat people in general.

So, does this mean Ashley likes fucking ugly people(yo, baby, wassup?)?
__________________
I'd rather label myself than have a million other people do it for me. ~ Pathogen

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #34
Apathy's_Child
 
Apathy's_Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,732
Nah, there’s no "hate" from me here. Jilly and I may throw down now and again, but it’s usually based on dick-waving rather genuine animosity. He’s good people and I ain’t claiming otherwise. I just don’t get how his antipathy to other kinds of prejudice fits with some of his attitudes towards physical appearance.

“I didn't see it as the page changed. I used the word ugly to talk about the noobs that are just not wanted, you're the ones that took it as something physical.”

Dude, please. You pulled the same shit in the weight thread, claiming when you were pulled up on your declaration that fat people “irk” you that you mis-translated. It’s bullshit. You’re perfectly capable of using English in an articulate fashion when you want to. If you want to take issue with my point, go for it, but pretending that you inadvertently used the word “ugly” as a substitute for “dipshit”, without being aware of its connotations in common usage, is deeply unconvincing.

I take back “bigotry”, as it’s a strong term for what I’m actually asking. However, I don’t think I’ve ever heard you talk about a woman you’re dating without citing her hotness - not so long ago, you talked about going to a party with a girl, her not liking you, then leaving with an even hotter girl, in an “IN YO’ FACE” manner. To put that remar in context, I don’t think I’ve ever heard you talk about a girl you’re dating in any capacity aside from how hot she is. Same thing in the plus-sized model thread – didn’t you say something like “If you can have a skinny girl OR one who weighs 140, why would you ever want the bigger one?” And don’t say that just because you don’t find non-skinny girls physically attractive, it doesn’t mean you have issues with them. That is NOT “me, I’m attracted to thinner chicks”. It’s “Dude – why would you even WANT to bone a chick who isn’t thin??? DOES NOT COMPUTE.”

Or this little gem, from the Fat-Bashing thread in Politics: “Personally I do tend to be a 'fattist', let's call it. I know some people are overweight because of legitimate biological reasons but even knowing that it still irks me.” HOW is that not a prejudice, when you apply it to overeaters and sufferers of medical conditions alike?

I get why you might think I’m just picking on you – you’re not the only (or the worst) offender for this kind of talk. That whole plus-sized thread turned out pretty awful, and made for depressing reading on all sides. But you’re also the first to call out other forms of prejudice – hence, my question.
__________________
All pleasure is relief from tension. - William S. Burroughs

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #35
Alan
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,942
So all your examples are just things invalidated by Grausam's post above yours, huh?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly
You fucking people [war veterans] are only a step below entitled rich kids, the only difference being you had to do and witness horrible things, instead of being given everything.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:11 AM   #36
Apathy's_Child
 
Apathy's_Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,732
LOL. It's been so long since we argued, I forgot how you roll. Iss cool bra, I can simplify for you.

"That is NOT “me, I’m attracted to thinner chicks”. It’s “Dude – why would you even WANT to bone a chick who isn’t thin??? DOES NOT COMPUTE.”"

This was dealt with right there IN my post, but since you have a history of selective reading during debates, I picked it right out for you. I also fail to see how your admission that seeing fat people irks you is based on your own sexual preferences, unless you try to bone everybody who passes you in the freakin' street. Spin again, Jilly bean.

Like I said, the point of the original post wasn't "Yo Jill, why you gotta be such a douche?", it was "How do you reconcile your judgments about certain individuals with your otherwise anti-tolerance stance?" If you can't because it's based purely on prejudice, just admit it. It's not the worst crime in the world. I'm simply curious as to whether you've ever even tried, or whether your own prejudice fails to even register as that to you... although I guess your above post tells me all I need to know on that score.
__________________
All pleasure is relief from tension. - William S. Burroughs

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #37
Alan
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,942
Your complaint STILL is based on nothing but boning

Your complaint is nothing but the fact that you feel I'm saying “Dude – why would you even WANT to bone a chick who isn’t thin??? DOES NOT COMPUTE.”

That is not a "Dude - why would you even WANT to consider the opinions and respect the choices of a chick who isn't thin??? DOES NOT COMPUTE."

When your complaints about my views of ugly people are more than just about how I sexually feel about people, feel free to call me a douche.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly
You fucking people [war veterans] are only a step below entitled rich kids, the only difference being you had to do and witness horrible things, instead of being given everything.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 AM   #38
Ben Lahnger
 
Ben Lahnger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Um, lower, oh yeah, uh, uh ... YES THERE!
Posts: 6,879
Why would anyone call you a douche?

We're all supposed to be nice to you, because you're sensitive.
__________________
Lead me not into temptation ... follow me, I know a shortcut!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.


Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #39
Grausamkeit
 
Grausamkeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,290
Jill is a delicate hot-house flower. We must always remember this and handle him extra-carefully.

Apathy, geez dude, use some lube next time with our poor lil Jillybean.
__________________
I'd rather label myself than have a million other people do it for me. ~ Pathogen

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #40
Apathy's_Child
 
Apathy's_Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Your complaint STILL is based on nothing but boning
“Personally I do tend to be a 'fattist', let's call it. I know some people are overweight because of legitimate biological reasons but even knowing that it still irks me.”

So... no. Clearly, demonstrably, and REPEATEDLY, no. Still and all, go ahead and continue with the selective reading and boner shaped-straw clutching. Question long answered - you've told me everything I need to know about your self-awareness of your own prejudices.
__________________
All pleasure is relief from tension. - William S. Burroughs

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:14 PM.