Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #101
Grausamkeit

Shit, I just spent two minutes trying to figure out what 'condish' is.

LOL!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #102
victory12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
I don't really have a secret; I just bathe regularly, and comb my hair.

I don't wear make-up most of the time because it bothers me. [I think I may be allergic to most of it.]

I would LOVE to do a look similar to the chick in TSOM though. Dude, she was really hot!
Sorbolene (+Glycerin) leaves your skin like silk for yonks with one application. I most often shave with my electric razors and then apply it to my hands and face (this is only when I shave off all my beard) otherwise I may do it only once a month and still have soft skin.

I think my bottle expires in October and it's lasted me since '06

Old 11-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #103
Acharis

Lol at ninja spam! And VASELINE ON MY SACK

But sorbolene is good, I use that stuff to take off my makeup and moisturise at night (when I remember). The plant based ones are better than the mineral oil ones.

Also put cold wet things on big sore pimples under the skin. (Cold wet cloth, slice of raw potato for 15 minutes..) It reduces the swelling which helps it to start healing. Repeating the compress will also get it to form a head.

For long hair, leave in conditioner is the shiz.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #104
Solumina

Dab a bit of calamine lotion (the pinkish stuff you use for poison ivy and such) on pimples, it works better than any other spot treatment I've used and it much less expensive.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #105
phalanxx

Cetaphil, witch hazel, and aloe vera gel (from the organic section, not the green stuff). Weekly exfoliating, biweekly clay masks, occasional glycolic acid treatment. I have oily skin with a really bad T-zone, but even now that I've hit 30 I have been extremely lucky to escape the skin problems my mother has (giant crater pores and excessive oil glands causing boils).

For makeup, I use Urban Decay eye primer, and that monistat anti-chafing cream for face primer. Reasoning is that it has dimethicone, which is the main ingredient in most foundation primers anyway. I also use brushes for all my eyeshadow. Learn to apply liquid eyeliner!

I also have fine, oily hair that is cut in a bob, so I shampoo and then use a VERY spare amount of conditioner, which is really just for detangling as I tend to get those tiny little tangles.

I have this problem with my nail polish peeling off all at once, and I figured out that it is probably because my nails are oily like my hair. I started using a nail dehydrator before I put on my base coat. You can get it at Sally's in the acrylics section. It helps my nail polish last a day or two longer. If you can afford it, getting acrylics really helps with that, but the expense involved can be off-putting, especially since my nails tend to grow fast.

HTH, Phalanxx
phalanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #106
Dolly Glass

I think one beauty thing that some people forget about is getting a haircut that compliments one's face shape. I have square-ish face and tried growing my hair long. Not only did it make my face look even tinier than it was but my hair is naturally greasy (if I don't shower every morning I look like I haven't showered in a couple days) and it always looked straggly no matter how much I brushed.

Then I saw Emma Watson's pixie cut and decided to give it a try. It made a HUGE difference by opening up my face and eyes. People tend to forget to take into consideration the shape of their face when trying new haircuts (also how much maintenance they're willing to put into their hair everyday. I love strangely colored hair but it can look horrible if you can't maintain the upkeep). I think it's vastly important.
Dolly Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #107
nobodygoth

For my Hair; Wen Hair Care.
Can't wash with harsh stuff. Am allergic.
Also, dye with Feria Hair Care, to Black from Brown.
For Face, Wash with Oil Free products because I am prone to break outs.
Soap dries my skin too much.
For Makeup, I use Almay.
Less harsh than other products.
Am allergic to most Makeups.
Oh, and for Nails, I do Faux Nails, in a Sport Tip Length, I cannot grow my Nails Naturally.
I also don't have the time or energy to expend taking care of that.

Last edited by nobodygoth; 01-15-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something
nobodygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #108
CarrionCorpse

How do you find the Wen system works?
Is it really like in the informercials? haha
Do you notice a substantial difference from anything else you've used to wash your hair?
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #109
nobodygoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
How do you find the Wen system works?
Is it really like in the informercials? haha
Do you notice a substantial difference from anything else you've used to wash your hair?
Yes, I most certainly do.
Yes, actually I do.
I notice less dandruff and less scalp itching.
I also notice greater shine and manageability, along with fewer tangles and greater ease of working with my hair.
I also have far less frizz and fly away.
The split ends I used to get have healed and my hair doesn't fall out as much as it used to.
When I color my hair, the color holds longer.
Wen does everything it claims.
I notice the laughs, but I am very serious that it does work and I do recommend it.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #110
CarrionCorpse

I thought about purchasing it a bit back, but was skeptical.
Now I might actually have to do so! Thanks
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #111
nobodygoth

You are very welcome.
Just be aware that you will get charged around $30.00 every 3 months, but very, very worth it.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #112
Aphra

2xer week facial scrub consisting of honey, EVOO, & sugar. Bathing with african black soap, shea butter or jojoba oil as a moisturizer. Deep protein conditioning treatment consisting of eggs, mayo & coconut oil. Avocado hair mask. Coloring my hair with henna. Sea salt & EVOO body scrub. Also drinking lots of water!
Aphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #113
aisehino

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmieeRagdoll View Post
I find if I look really tired, and I have huge bags under my eyes, freezing a wet cloth and pressing it under my eyes really helps. It makes me feel more awake and gets rid of the bags. Works a treat (:
Frozen camomile-tea bags are also really good for this.

For blackheads, I make this mask, spoon of gelatine, spoon of milk, microwave for 5-10 seconds (it looks more like gel, less clumpy), apply, let dry and peal off.

lf you get oily skin, an after sun aloe gel seems to do wonders for my face and arms...
aisehino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #114
Pineapple_Juice

Exfoliation. Exdfoliation. Exfoliation.

Also don't smoke. I'm 22 and i look 32. I've only been smoking for around 6 years.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #115
ape descendant

Sweet genetics coupled with lotion and a healthy dose of apathy.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #116
honeythorn

I've started using a facial roller ( Body shop, rubber knobbly one ) to help smoosh my serum in a bit more. Hopefully I won't end up with a face like my mother's

I have seen sets with tiny needles in them but I'm wary at the moment. I may try it eventually...
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:53 AM   #117
Stygok

Actually, I don't have a secret. I do with the common ways.
Stygok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #118
Aeryka

Get a tube of anti-chafe gel, it's by the vaginal ointments.

Use that as a primer.

It contains the same active ingredients as regular face primers.

Article:

http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/...-face-las.html
Aeryka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #119
Jon Wane

Never bathe more than once a week. YOU NEED THEM NATURAL OILS IN YO HERR, HONEY-CHILD.

Lemme tell you, when I DO wash, my god, my hair be like silk!
Jon Wane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #120
Haejin

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I've started using a facial roller ( Body shop, rubber knobbly one ) to help smoosh my serum in a bit more. Hopefully I won't end up with a face like my mother's

I have seen sets with tiny needles in them but I'm wary at the moment. I may try it eventually...
Have you noticed any improvements? I've been curious about the needle rollers because I have a few acne scars I'd like to get rid of. I'm using a fade serum from clinique, and I think it would work well with a roller of some sort.
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #121
Acharis

I have one or two acne scars, not noticeable but they are there. I used to use a retinol serum which seemed to smooth everything out, but am unable to find it these days.

At the moment I use a two in one shampoo-conditioner because I'm lazy, scrub my face with Neutrogena pink grapefruit in the shower and wear SPF15 Nivea lotion on my face when I leave the house. Nice and cheap.

Leave in conditioner is the bomb if you have long or dyed hair, but get the kinds that contain plant oils rather than mineral oil or 'cones.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote