Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #2526
bunnicula

I hate daylight savings time. What's the point? The sun still shines the same amount of time on the earth each day, no matter what time we say it is. Why do we have to change our clocks? The farmers can get up earlier in the summer, can't they?
Old 04-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #2527
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnicula
I hate daylight savings time. What's the point? The sun still shines the same amount of time on the earth each day, no matter what time we say it is. Why do we have to change our clocks? The farmers can get up earlier in the summer, can't they?
God damn farmers! I spent an hour this morning trying to figure out how to adjust the day light savings time on my cellphone, which does not allow me to change the clock. I still don't know how I managed to do it.

I'm really really hungry. I spent my last dime on onion rings two hours ago, which really don't cut it. I'm getting some money this week, but god damn I could kill for a good feed.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:45 PM   #2528
bunnicula

My car's clock hasn't been changed in 5 years because I can't figure out how to do it. A friend installed a used stereo in my car, so the buttons are all blank from wear. I have no idea how to change the stupid thing, and if it wasn't for daylight savings, it would still be the right time!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #2529
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
I ate lunch at McDonald's (yuck--I never eat there but I was having a rough morning and it's comfort food) and it gave me horrible gas. It stinks in here.
TENET: How in the hell is something unappetising like McDonalds fast food "comfort food"?!! Especially if it gives you gas?!! Different strokes, I guess----
Old 04-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #2530
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Maybe it's that guys that you picked up from the club.
That's what I was thinking.

I normally don't get into cleaning sprees too often, lately. Although I did pick up my daughter's room.

I'm feeling sad and whiny now that Mark's leaving.

I've seen so many people here that became a regular part of my daily life just up and go.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #2531
horrorgirl

I have a big ass/thighs and a small waist. Which means that I look like a woman and not a stick. Is it too much to ask to be able to find a pair of pants that fit? I went shopping this morning for pants and the ONLY brand that fits me are Dickies.....and even those are a little loose around the waistband. WE ARE NOT ALL STICKS!!!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 04-03-2006, 11:21 AM   #2532
Saya

Horror, I got the same problem. I don't wear jeans anymore because they never ever fit. Usually I just wear dark dress pants, or skirts.

I'm meeting Dad for the first time in years today. I'm not worried about getting into a fight, but I got butterflies in my stomach.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #2533
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I'm definitely buying my next pair of jeans from Victoria's Secret. It's hella expensive, but I've heard that they're willing to accomodate hips and thighs and all those other bits that REAL women have.

Plus, they're cute.
I will look into that.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 04-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #2534
psychopenguin

Grrr! My friends parents are beginning to thoroughly piss me off. Here's the background: My friend and I are both Pagan though she follows a path of light whereas I follow a path of shadows. Her mother is Mormon. My friend (we'll name her Chelle) is going to be 20 this October. Last year around November Chelle's mother discovered that she's pagan and flipped out (understatement). Chelle since has a 9:00 pm curfew unless she's working and if she spends even the smallest amount of time with her friends her mother automatically gets suspicious. Now, if Chelle was the kind of person to go around making trouble I could understand her mother's concern. However, she's not. She does everything in her power to follow the rules and get along with her parents. I'm fed up with it. And so is she. I don't know what to tell her though. She wants to move out yet she doesn't think she can because she doesn't want to leave her sister there with her parents without anyone there to stand up for her. (The sister gets a lot of crap too because she's goth and therefor a potential "whore") Saturday I ended up going to Chelle's and my hangout alone because her mother wouldn't let her go anywhere unless it was our mutual friends house. Our friend ended up sick that night so Chelle went home and went to bed.. what else could she do? Grawr. I want advice but I realize this post is most likely really jumbled because I'm so angry.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:32 AM   #2535
emeraldlonewoulf

I need a fucking job!!!!! I need to work, to make a little money, but I don't think a can stand another mindless, repetitive, brainkilling service job. I don't want to work in a service industry, or break my back working on cars for commission. I want to use my brain! I was given a creative, imaginative brain, and hands that can build things, and make artsy shit!!! I desperately need a challenge! Something with variety! Why the hell do I have to wait so long to get published!!!!!!

I am a decent mechanic, a pretty good house painter, a kickass server, fair restaurant manager, and even have a little industrial construction experience. AND I AM SICK OF ALL OF IT!!!! I want to go to school, maybe engineering or something. But I don't want to get stuck slaving away for some corporate conglomerate in an office somewhere having to deal with office politics.

What I really, really want to do for a job is be a weapons smith. I like firearms, they combine machining, mechanics, woodworking, meticulous attention to detail, and art into objects that have personality. Not to mention they can destroy objects a significant distance away by focusing explosions behind precisely designed projectiles. Gunsmithing would be fucking awesome. I wan to do for firearms what Jesse James did for hot rods. (West Coast Choppers, etc.)
Also, I would like to put together a forge in my back yard, making swords, daggers, and various other sharp instruments with all the care and precision a hammer strike can give. That would be fantastic.

Even primitive weapons, slings, atlatls, spears, stone blades, I love the history behind the techniques. Hell, I made my first leather sling at twelve, even got to where I could hit things with it.

But there are only eight accreditied gunsmithig schools in the country, none of which are in reach. And as for blacksmithing or primitive weaponry how the hell do you find someone to learn from?!!!

And how the hell do you survive the time between now and when your work sells with out your brain turning to mush from some idiotic mindless hell hole we call work? I don't WANT to waste my limited time on this earth doing bullshit work I hate! I want to spend my time on things that matter to me! Why do I have to spend time on everything else just to pay for food and a freaking roof to keep the rain off?!!! I barely give a shit about the roof, just so long as my tools don't rust and my books don't get wet!!

ARRRRGH!!!

Thanks for letting me vent. Now I can go back to trying to find a mindless mush job to pay my bills. Mechanics get paid on comission, so when business is good, it is very, very good, ............and when it isn't, well, you get laid off. And, if I ever get caught up, I can buy my forge.

P.S. this is way out on a limb, but does anyone know wher I can find a decent anvil for less than 500$? ( a full size one, not a farriers model).

Again, I'm glad this is here to vent, i don't think my roomates would apreciate a verbal outburst of this nature, I might get committed, etc.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:56 AM   #2536
angel011

The day is all gray and depressive. I should be writing, but I don't feel like it, I just feel like sleeping. My brain is working with the speed of a vegetable.

I hate it when I feel like this.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #2537
Solumina

I know that I haven't been here in a while, in fact for the past few months I haven't done much of anything, but I need to talk without everyone treating me like I'm about to break. The simple fact is that I am already broken, well more like smashed to pieces. I told you all about my fathers sturggle with cancer, well he died late in January and I haven't been able to put my life back together. Everyone is being so god damn supportive but all they are doing is telling me nice comforting things but no one is giving me any advice on how to move on, not even the god damn shrink that my mother insists I see every week (I know that my mother's intentions are good and that in the long run a shrink will do me good I just wish she would stop treating me like a child who's pet died).

On top of this my brother is trying to drown away any pain with beer, the real problem is that he used to drink around 40 beers at a party and now that number is going way up and I'm terrified that something bad is going to happen to him. None of his friends are trying to do anything about it because they don't want to get involved and my mother doesn't know. I don't know if I should tell her because I really don't want to put her under any more stress and I honestly don't know if she could do any good.

Oh and I still don't qualify for financial aid simply because my parents invested their money well. I really have no idea how bad the money situation is, my mom wont tell me because she says that I have enough to deal with, all I know is that we have basicly no cash and my mom hasn't had anywhere near enough time to try and sort out our asets due to the fact that my father took care of that and didn't keep them in any kind of order. Its also looking a like we are only going to be able to keep one or two of my fathers collections (he collected a bunch of small things like stamps and sports cards) I really want to keep the sports cards but I told my mom that if it is worth more that $100 then she should sell it and he did have well over 300 stamps so I think it will be going. I'm fairly sure that the only think I'm going to end up keeping is his "nice" watch that I had given him (he always had a ton of watches that he could wear everywhere and they were always filthy from gardening, playing with the dog, etc. so about 5 years ago I got him a much nicer watch that he could wear out of the house) and a shirt that I am going to have made into a teady bear.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #2538
Solumina

thanks hun, I missed you bunches. I actually feel better just being back on here, although now I am very very hungry.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #2539
Solumina

hehehehe I remember those
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #2540
Solumina

YOU DID WHAT??!?!?!?

well have fun in class
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #2541
cannibalnuns

What gives people the right to control others and make them pretend to be something they are not? What gives others the right to do such, to complain when they want to complain- yet you are not permitted. And if you do happen to rant or rave they consider you crazy or stupid, because they do not want to take the time to hear you out.

When they want to do something they can and when you want to do something, they expect a big favor or compromise as a result. Those that take and never give and those that want to treat you more like a pet rather than a human being. Or a show piece that they do not even know how to appreciate.

What gives them that fucking right? Selfish pricks.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:30 PM   #2542
Magpie_Tendencies

DA - I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I know that words can't express your pain or how sorry I am to hear it, so all I can offer is my love and support. *hugz*
Old 04-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #2543
Queenofdarkness57

I'm not talking to two of my bestfriends since they screwed something up, and they're not even apologizing for it. Ah well, their loss! *sigh*
DA: I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope he'll be better soon.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #2544
spookypurple

DA: take care honey. Thinking of you.

:hug:

Hamlet
Old 04-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #2545
Solumina

DA: I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, I can't pretend to know what you are feeling but I do know how hard it is to watch a loved one slip away while all you can do is cry and pray. If you need anything let me know.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-05-2006, 02:02 PM   #2546
Sobeh

Quote:
Ha! He's grading it on a slant, and I'm up to 61%!!! That's a C, right? I can live with a C.
I'm used to cutoffs for a C being about 65% or so - 70% is a flat C, and below that is a variable C- range. 61% might be a bit low...

What was the exam on?
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:03 PM   #2547
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
I can't stop the tears.
Don't. Just be sure to talk. And love. =) My compassion is on your shoulder.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #2548
Sobeh

Quote:
The History of the Vietnam War... I should've gotten an A.
You mean writing "kill all them goddamn commie pinko bastids" over and over didnt cut it? >:P
Old 04-06-2006, 06:33 AM   #2549
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I know that I haven't been here in a while, in fact for the past few months I haven't done much of anything, but I need to talk without everyone treating me like I'm about to break. The simple fact is that I am already broken, well more like smashed to pieces. I told you all about my fathers sturggle with cancer, well he died late in January and I haven't been able to put my life back together. Everyone is being so god damn supportive but all they are doing is telling me nice comforting things but no one is giving me any advice on how to move on, not even the god damn shrink that my mother insists I see every week (I know that my mother's intentions are good and that in the long run a shrink will do me good I just wish she would stop treating me like a child who's pet died).

On top of this my brother is trying to drown away any pain with beer, the real problem is that he used to drink around 40 beers at a party and now that number is going way up and I'm terrified that something bad is going to happen to him. None of his friends are trying to do anything about it because they don't want to get involved and my mother doesn't know. I don't know if I should tell her because I really don't want to put her under any more stress and I honestly don't know if she could do any good.

Oh and I still don't qualify for financial aid simply because my parents invested their money well. I really have no idea how bad the money situation is, my mom wont tell me because she says that I have enough to deal with, all I know is that we have basicly no cash and my mom hasn't had anywhere near enough time to try and sort out our asets due to the fact that my father took care of that and didn't keep them in any kind of order. Its also looking a like we are only going to be able to keep one or two of my fathers collections (he collected a bunch of small things like stamps and sports cards) I really want to keep the sports cards but I told my mom that if it is worth more that $100 then she should sell it and he did have well over 300 stamps so I think it will be going. I'm fairly sure that the only think I'm going to end up keeping is his "nice" watch that I had given him (he always had a ton of watches that he could wear everywhere and they were always filthy from gardening, playing with the dog, etc. so about 5 years ago I got him a much nicer watch that he could wear out of the house) and a shirt that I am going to have made into a teady bear.

Solumina, my heart goes out to you. I lost my dad ten and a half years ago and I can honestly say that it was the worst experience of my life. I know we've not spoken before (I'm still just a newbie as you can see from my join date!) but if you ever feel like talking you're welcome to PM me.

It's hard to give advice, even when you've been through something similar yourself. One thing I recommend though is keeping busy with something you enjoy, something which is important to you. Anything creative such as writing, photography, drawing etc etc is great as it helps you to let out some of your emotions and gives you something to focus on. Talking helps too. I regret not talking more to my mum and brother at the time. I think I was just too scared of upsetting them even more, but in retrospect I'm sure they would have loved to have been able to talk. There's no way you can upset them more than they already are, and I think sharing things as a family would be good for all of you.

I love your idea of turning your father's shirt into a teddy bear I wish I had a keepsake like that, but I just took his toothbrush and hid it when my mum was going through all his stuff and getting rid of it. It's not the best keepsake, but I still have it in a box to this day! It's important to have something which reminds you of him, and something huggable sounds perfect.

*love and hugs*

~ Wei Hui
Old 04-06-2006, 06:40 AM   #2550
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf
I need a fucking job!!!!! I need to work, to make a little money, but I don't think a can stand another mindless, repetitive, brainkilling service job. I don't want to work in a service industry, or break my back working on cars for commission. I want to use my brain! I was given a creative, imaginative brain, and hands that can build things, and make artsy shit!!! I desperately need a challenge! Something with variety! Why the hell do I have to wait so long to get published!!!!!!

And how the hell do you survive the time between now and when your work sells with out your brain turning to mush from some idiotic mindless hell hole we call work? I don't WANT to waste my limited time on this earth doing bullshit work I hate! I want to spend my time on things that matter to me! Why do I have to spend time on everything else just to pay for food and a freaking roof to keep the rain off?!!! I barely give a shit about the roof, just so long as my tools don't rust and my books don't get wet!!

ARRRRGH!!!
I can relate completely to what you're saying. I've just got a new job (in the service industry *sigh*) purely to pay the bills. I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing something I dislike (or even hate) just to get by, though! I want to be challenged and excited by what I do; I want to wake up every day looking forward to my work; I want to do something creative and imaginative for a living.

I suppose the only solution is not to give up hope and just keep working towards getting where you want to be. I wish all who are in this situation (and I'm sure there are many) the best of luck

~ Wei Hui
Closed Thread