Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-17-2004, 10:05 AM   #451
Deadhymn

watched Clan of the Cave Bear late last night...funny how some people look at that film as a documentary.
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:08 PM   #452
Granny-like_the_apple

I just watched Office Space.

Fuck my life is boring.

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:39 PM   #453
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
I just watched Office Space.

Fuck my life is boring.
Hey whoa that's a great fucking movie! Like Fight Club, I was in that guy's situation, and like both movies, after seeing them I went into work with a 'tude and rather than get fired, I got promoted!
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:33 PM   #454
TeapotScar

"Saved"

...again.

And I *STILL* laughed like hell when, after being accused of not knowing what love is, the Jesus freak throws the bible at the pregnant girl and screams "I AM FILLED WITH CHRIST LOVE!"

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:52 PM   #455
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Hey whoa that's a great fucking movie! Like Fight Club, I was in that guy's situation, and like both movies, after seeing them I went into work with a 'tude and rather than get fired, I got promoted!
Hee, yeah it is. [As is Fight Club. Mmm, Brad Pitt... I'd totally turn sexual for him.]

Illegal? Samir, this is America!

Old 12-18-2004, 09:59 PM   #456
edible_eye

Quote:
[As is Fight Club. Mmm, Brad Pitt... I'd totally turn sexual for him.]
funny you should mention that - my nickname is brad pitt.

no, really. i'm not kidding...
Old 12-18-2004, 11:03 PM   #457
Granny-like_the_apple

Lol iiinteresting

Old 12-18-2004, 11:06 PM   #458
TeapotScar

Quote:
Lol iiinteresting
Does this mean what I think it means?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Mutual disinterest, baby...

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 12-19-2004, 05:12 AM   #459
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
wow. this is a new record for me. i try to flirt with one girl - she shoots me down and someone next to her leans over to say she's not interested either.

was that a pre-emptive strike?

if words were kicks-in-the-balls, i'd be curled in the fetal position on the floor.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:00 PM   #460
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
wow. this is a new record for me. i try to flirt with one girl - she shoots me down and someone next to her leans over to say she's not interested either.

was that a pre-emptive strike?
Nah, that was Tea talking to me. Our relationship is based on mutual disinterest. I don't see how that comment was relevant, but that's what it was referring to.

And I wasn't shooting you down, although now it's too late. Tea understood what I was saying so at least I know it's not my fault. :P

Old 12-19-2004, 12:07 PM   #461
edible_eye

Quote:
And I wasn't shooting you down, although now it's too late. Tea understood what I was saying so at least I know it's not my fault. :P
it's all good, granny. i was just trying to make a funny.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:30 PM   #462
Granny-like_the_apple

Well poop on you. Be funnier!

Old 12-19-2004, 01:23 PM   #463
TeapotScar

Quote:
Well poop on you. Be funnier!
Just to reiterate- Nobody poops but you and that's concentrated evil coming out of the back of you.

Old 12-20-2004, 11:15 AM   #464
AlKilyu

Try giving her some candy e_e.

Chicks love candy.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 06:10 PM   #465
Jane13

I just saw the Lemony Snicket movie. I liked how there was a lot going on, and it was pretty cool... Even if Lemony snicket is just a better known Edward Gorey/ Niel Gaiman/Johnen (guy that write JTHM) for a younger audience. Go see it, especially if you have kids.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 06:51 PM   #466
Deadhymn

Tod Browning's Freaks....one of my christmas presents....its amazing!
Old 12-26-2004, 08:01 PM   #467
secretboy

Oceans Twelve

I'll see every Stephen Soderberg movie ever made. And probaby kind of like it. I liked this one. They joked about one of my favorite movies, Miller's Crossing by the Cohen Bros., so it can't be that bad.

The first one was better, but the second one was very good. Worth seeing in a dark theatre, but I'm wierd and my opinion shouldn't be trusted.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:21 PM   #468
ohthefuckwell

bah, t. i liked king arthur. granted, it wasn't as good as i'd hoped it would be but, then again, very few movies are as good as i hope they'll be.

i was, however, very disappointed that there was NO mention of dudley moore.

not once.

besides that one, i watched a few others over the course of the last few days.

napolean dynamite. i'm pretty sure i went to school with that kid. but that was kind of the point, eh?

slums of beverly hills. i don't know that i will ever be able to wash the image of david krumholtz singing "luck, be a lady tonight" in his 1976-style tightie-whities from my eyes. but that's ok.

the punisher. having no comic book point of reference for this one, i wasn't able to pick it apart like some people have/might/will, so i wasn't distracted by thoughts like, "hey! he never did that!!" but it did have john travolta in it. as a villain. yay.

i, robot. i really enjoyed this one. i didn't really expect much, so i was pleasantly surprised. (and if you saw it & didn't like it, don't piss in my cheerios about it, mmmk?)

a wrinkle in time. luckily, it's been long enough since my last reading of the book that i wasn't able to pick it apart too badly. and i dozed off about halfway through (damn you, you uber-comfy recliner!) so the picking-apart was handled nicely by my daughter. she liked it, but she kept saying, "mom! THAT didn't happen like that."

the terminal. ok, this is an exception to the "few movies are as good as i hope they'll be" thing. i was hoping it would be a sweet & sappy feel-good kinda movie and it was. some of the acting was a bit "eh", but i didn't think it was enough to totally derail the whole movie. and i happen to love tom hanks, so it probably wouldn't have bothered me much, anyway.

i do feel kind of empty, though, that i missed out on my annual viewing of a Christmas story. fucking hasting's was out of it and since i am currently without cable, there wasn't even hope for the 24-hour tnt marathon. *sigh* there's always next year, i suppose.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:42 AM   #469
Raven70

Underworld last night and Van helsing 3 hours ago.
Raven70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 12:01 PM   #470
WolfMoon

Sorry Tom,
guess most of us weren't around for those movies.

:lol:

I'm just not a Hepburn fan.When she died women were sobbing and I said "what's the big deal?She's no Bela Lugosi!"
Just not my genre.

I will be posting a review to One Night in Chyna after I see it!

*squeeeee*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 05:31 PM   #471
Jane13

I just saw The Darkness. All movies lose points with me if they aren't German exprssionist, or Kwaiidon, but it was REALLY SCARY!! My feet never touched the ground at the theatre, and seldom did I take my fingers out of my ears. Watch it! Watch it!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 12-27-2004, 09:29 PM   #472
Deadhymn

"Live Nude Girls, Unite!"...two strippers from the Lucky Lady in San Francisco made a documentary about forming a strippers union. Oddly enough this turned out to be a great documentary and a very compelling one, because it forces you to look at these women for more than their tits and ass. which is hard.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:44 PM   #473
Abris

A clockwork orange.. I love that movie. not as much as the book, but the movie was good.
Abris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 10:03 PM   #474
twisted_illusions

practical magic
twisted_illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 09:44 AM   #475
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abris
A clockwork orange.. I love that movie. not as much as the book, but the movie was good.
Same here! I find it troubling that a lot of people don't know it's a book 0.o
-Cinema Strange