Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #26
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand Hanzo
Do what I used to do in this kind of situation.

Write a song about it.
Really? how do I do it?
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #27
Apathy's_Child

Art is the answer to pain - it gives you something to concentrate on, and gives you an outlet. Listen to music, watch comedy, get lost in a big novel with a good story. Write lots of shit - whether it's poetry, stories, or just rambling journal type crap. Sketch, draw comics, have fun with it. Drinking helps - it doesn't have to be a crutch, it can just feel good and help you get really fucking into music.

I hope you feel better soon, dude. Whether it's the love of your life or just infatuation gone bad, it sucks feeling alone, but you'll be okay. Time goes by and things get better.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #28
menus era sota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raivyn
Your first "true love" is the hardest to get over..
word on that. is she why you moved/wanna move to Toronto? i hear it's usually an awful idea to move for someone (isn't there a thread somewhere about that?)
menus era sota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #29
Hand Hanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
Art is the answer to pain - it gives you something to concentrate on, and gives you an outlet. Listen to music, watch comedy, get lost in a big novel with a good story. Write lots of shit - whether it's poetry, stories, or just rambling journal type crap. Sketch, draw comics, have fun with it. Drinking helps - it doesn't have to be a crutch, it can just feel good and help you get really fucking into music.

I hope you feel better soon, dude. Whether it's the love of your life or just infatuation gone bad, it sucks feeling alone, but you'll be okay. Time goes by and things get better.
Indeed, art is how I've been dealing with pain for years.
Hand Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #30
menus era sota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Thanks for the advice everyone! But I am happy to say that this person and I share a strong and unique friendship.
2 or 3 years after my little episode i'm good friends with the guy - and he turned out to be a boozing indie kid.

in the end, all shit will shine.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #31
menus era sota

*ugh, i really should read it all in one go*

i found that art is a terrible outlet for me (said the art major)
What's needed is some good angry metal (great for any occasion acutally)

children of bodom (no, they do not suck) or Arsis go pretty well.

and the ultimate, graveworm's 'suicide code'
Old 01-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #32
MegearaErotica

Listen to Oingo Boingo songs and drink your way through the crisis.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:59 AM   #33
Opteron_Man

She is going back home today to Europe. I am going to miss her very much and she will miss me too. I am worried for her safety.
But, she IS a strong and independant woman.
I hope she will accept the cash I send her, just incase she has trouble "making ends meet". She won't have a computer where she will be living! I am pissed that I have a bunch of extras, and shipping to Europe is so expensive, I can't give her one.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #34
menus era sota

Wherever in Europe it is, there will always be internet cafes. dirt cheap too.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #35
Solumina

um...why are you sending her money?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #36
menus era sota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
um...why are you sending her money?

yea good point. even if she was the nicest, most trusted person ever, not a great idea.
as one example, when you give people money, even if you don't mention it it's usually implied or assumed you want/will want something in return...whatever that may be. and no matter how 'honourable' your intentions may or may not be, it still has that whole thing attached to the act of giving someone cash.

i would not be taking cash from guys, even my friends. it's just a don't do thing. plus if she's nice enough she'll probably feel bad for crushing you then taking your money.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #37
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by menus era sota
yea good point. even if she was the nicest, most trusted person ever, not a great idea.
as one example, when you give people money, even if you don't mention it it's usually implied or assumed you want/will want something in return...whatever that may be. and no matter how 'honourable' your intentions may or may not be, it still has that whole thing attached to the act of giving someone cash.

i would not be taking cash from guys, even my friends. it's just a don't do thing. plus if she's nice enough she'll probably feel bad for crushing you then taking your money.
I didn't read the whole comment, I am too tired tonight. I will just say why I'd like to send her atleast a little cash. I can't stand the idea of me sitting here with a cupboard full of tasty food, when she might be low on the basics over where she is. She is close and special to me, like I am to her. She has a perminent place in my heart. It breaks my heart, the possibility of her being hungry, some week.

That is why, its as simple as that.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #38
Opteron_Man

Sorry, my typing and spelling suck more than usual, haha! I am dead tired. I was thinking of that senario of the million monkeys typing on a million typwriters. Never mind. Going to bed very soon.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #39
I_Zik

Beating an almost dead horse. Apparently horse meat is tastey. I digress
Personally, on the subject of love: a split personality of sorts. The one side love's just a chemical addiction, one that can be broken. and the other side (the warmer side compared to the cold calculating one) It's almost like giving out pieces of pie called your heart(not pussy lol), and unless you go bake another pie, or scoop out leftovers back into it, it's like it's just has a finite amount of love in your heart. You either gotta take it from somewhere else and move it around. there are little spots where leftovers never get recycled, but saran wrapped and cryogenically frozen behind the peas and carrots that I'd call my heart. My first girlfriend will always hold that special place in my heart next to the peas.
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:04 AM   #40
The Divine Ms. M

This seriously sucks, but time will heal the raw pain you're feeling. My guess is maybe you should take some time apart from this person to let that happen then if you guys are still up to keeping the lines of communication open & can truly remain good friends, then by all means do so.
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:09 AM   #41
creature6

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe View Post
There're many fish in the sea. Get out there and stop bashing yourself.
You clearly never been in love.
how can you be so cold towards someone who suffer from a broken heart.
you think it's that easy when you lost the one you love to go out there and get with someone else.
it's take time for anyone who lost their true love to heal.
you fucked up seriously.
creature6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:16 AM   #42
creature6

it's the most horrible feeling to loose the one you love.
sometimes you feel that you are drifting to insanity and you think there is no way you could be happy again.
it might take time for you to heal but you got to stay strong.
don't close yourself up ,spend some time with your friend.
i speak from experience,art can do a lot to help you recover for what seem impossible right now.
try to write about it(a poem ,a song)or if you draw or paint well express your sufferance this way.
try to keep your mind occupied,it doesn't help when you are not doing much because automatically you will think about it and your head will explode.
good luck with it all.
creature6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #43
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Zik View Post
Beating an almost dead horse. Apparently horse meat is tastey. I digress
Personally, on the subject of love: a split personality of sorts. The one side love's just a chemical addiction, one that can be broken. and the other side (the warmer side compared to the cold calculating one) It's almost like giving out pieces of pie called your heart(not pussy lol), and unless you go bake another pie, or scoop out leftovers back into it, it's like it's just has a finite amount of love in your heart. You either gotta take it from somewhere else and move it around. there are little spots where leftovers never get recycled, but saran wrapped and cryogenically frozen behind the peas and carrots that I'd call my heart. My first girlfriend will always hold that special place in my heart next to the peas.
As crazy as you put it....you hit it right on the dot.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote