Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #26
Catch

I would like to once again talk about this subject, even though everyone has stopped and I am completely going against what Jillian has said. He doesn’t understand. I doubt he even has Ty friends.

The way I am viewing this is that you have status and your boyfriend is popular. Since going off to the loony farm your status is in serious danger. If you break up, then your parents will probably ship you off somewhere, because they are already trying to line him up with someone, while you are being marked for termination. Therefore, sending you off to Australia, USA, Canada or Vietnam will help increase the chance of leading a normal life.

This is not a game. Jillian probably hasn’t has something happen that places his decision making skills into question. It is a good time to start acting normal. That does not mean dressing differently, but even learning to laugh on cue could improve things. That may have been the reason you were insane, but you social status in danger.

I would like to suggest, “he, he, he,” or “hehehe. . .ha,” for fake laughter.

Options for cute things are to copy the new popular girl or something feminine from TV. Lucky Star is funny and very feminine. There is the cheer stance along with saying something like, “let’s go.” Sailor Moon is more old-school.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #27
3lackrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
Nah,It is harsh

I just want to know what's wrong with me though
Uhm... maybe you'll be glad to know I'm the same way you are.
I was that way and still I am that way.
Questions without answer, questions and questions. And no answers. I don't know, maybe you'll change in the future, maybe not. I'm still the same, I talk only with my bandmates (very little, anyway).
Yesterday I met with some old friends and I played my usual role of stone statue, everybody were talking except me. I'm this way, that is all.

Sorry, I'm not very good trying to comfort someone, but I needed to reply somehow. In other words, you are not alone.
3lackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:30 AM   #28
Morganna

Quote:

I just want to know what's wrong with me though
Even though this is an older post, thought I would chime in here. Shade, I agree with the "how do you act at parties" side of this conversation, and NOT the advice of the people who are saying to act catty, fake, or bubbly if that is not part of your true personality.

If people are not comfortable around you, as you say, you are a "happy-sucker," then you are doing something that makes them uncomfortable. It might be that they are shallow-minded, immature, mindless robots, but most of the world is like that, and it seems that you are bothered by being left out, regardless. So next time you are around people in a social situation, pay attention to your body language, the types of things you say to people, and the way they react to you. Try to change your behavior and see how people react to it.

The thing is, lots of young adults and teenagers are very self conscious and scared, and they try to compensate for this by choosing somebody who is likely to take the abuse, and being mean to them so they don't become the target themselves.
Morganna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #29
$haDe

I've just figured it out today

I went to my school to the "Parent 'n School meeting"

- They think that if I lived on my own,I have to be a 'lower' class
-From above,these fact obviously conflicted with the way I talk,walk or think which are totally different from their common

My new principal told me this when I talk with him..
He said that I got a potential to do what hardly done here ,in an International school.

I asked him,I don't get it. What potential?

And he said,"U are capable of thinking in both eastern and western perspective.U have an ability to suck in knowledge and adapted it.
SO!!Don't act old,boy They'll see what u got and they will know"

-_- That was so...drama

He said more with a lot more complex word...But this is all i can remembered... lol
Old 08-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #30
Catch

I'm going to make a short movie of how to strike a Lucky Star pose and giggle. It should be done soon.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #31
Catch

Here you go. The video is completed, so just fake it until you make it. The laugh may seem unnatural, but eventually you will laugh. The little dance can be broken up into parts. Do the march sometimes, do the alright, let's go sometimes.

Remember this is for people your age. When you get older, it isn't as cute. At my age, I would never do this in public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN4hsTx33b4

Old 08-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #32
Saya

Catch, you're not serious, are you? And you DO know that Lucky Star is a show making FUN of anime stereotypes, right? What happened to "Shade, be yourself".....?

And friends don't let other friends do the Lucky Star dance (outside of cosplay).
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #33
Catch

I am totally serious. Her parents kicked her out of the house. She has to do something to show that friends and family are more important than being "cool."

You know, people make really bad decisions because they are so attached to their image. Friends and family are very important and if they are saying she needs to do something, then she should.

Of course, for anyone else watching the video, it could be taken comically. After all I am an old woman acting like a young girl. That is humorous.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:04 PM   #34
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
I am completely going against what Jillian has said. He doesn’t understand.
It is a good time to start acting normal. That does not mean dressing differently, but even learning to laugh on cue could improve things.
Bitch, is there a time where you are not stupid?

My advice to him is to tell his boyfriend to help him out be more fun with everyone and try to be likeable to most people.
You tell him not to break up with his boyfriend and to 'start acting normal'
Yet you apparently are going against what I said?

YOU'RE SAYING EXACTLY THE SAME FUCKING THING I SAID!

And once again, you keep calling someone that is clearly a man, a woman. $hade's a guy, idiot.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:22 PM   #35
Saya

Quote:
I am totally serious. Her parents kicked her out of the house. She has to do something to show that friends and family are more important than being "cool."

You know, people make really bad decisions because they are so attached to their image. Friends and family are very important and if they are saying she needs to do something, then she should.

Of course, for anyone else watching the video, it could be taken comically. After all I am an old woman acting like a young girl. That is humorous.
So telling a boy to act like a fictional school girl from a cartoon series is going to solve this problem? Its going to make everyone suddenly love him when they hear fake "teehees"? So, all socially awkward people have to just watch anime and do what they see, and all their problems will be solved? Forget tips on how to be more outgoing and social?

My head......it hurts......
Old 08-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #36
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Bitch, is there a time where you are not stupid?
Every full moon, Catch undergoes a horrifying transformation into someone who is not autistic.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:03 AM   #37
Catch

Quote:
they said that I always screwd all up.
They called me 'happy-sucker' my friend told me that she told the others that i'm not invited and due to my special talent,suck all the happiness from people,I do not belong here

My boyfriend walk out of the crowd and said "You're not leaving. 'We' are leaving"
His friends look upset and try to hold him at the party
I am still the only one offering advice.

BTW, there is no point in announcing the gender of your friend unless you are having sex with them. Therefore, it should just say "Friend."

(I wasn't sure which one it was in the pictures. My friend's name was Mirashade, so though woman. Mirashade is a woman.)

A young man acting like a young girl is also very comical!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:05 AM   #38
Catch

. . . along with young adults acting like young girls in a show that spoofs anime. The original thought behind it was to be funny and make people laugh.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:15 AM   #39
Saya

But you said earlier you were serious about him doing that stuff. And when in the entire series of Lucky Star did they ever strike that pose?
Old 08-29-2008, 12:22 AM   #40
Catch

They do it. The pose comes from all shows: Power Rangers, Sailor Moon and so-on. The foot thing seems unique to the show. They will do it in groups when before going somewhere.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:29 AM   #41
Saya

You're going to have to show a clip of the show of them doing this, seeing as the girls in the show are probably the most realistic of any anime I've seen that would seem entirely out of place.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:04 AM   #42
$haDe

Oh..my god
R u serious,about the video?
This monday,one of the most important day in human's life

The first day in highschool's life

Well,I knew a girl who can actually dance like that infront of the class

But not me..
I admit it that I act childish lately and i'm a cosplayer..
Hey,I'm 'cosplaying' all the time.

I have my time to be me.

BUT the samething that girl in the video did was...u know,it's too much

anyway,Thx for helping
Old 08-29-2008, 01:09 AM   #43
Catch

I'm not going to find footage of Lucky Star. It doesn't matter that much. And I just remember that Montey Phython does a similar move but they just turn and jog before running.

Also, I looked at the picture posts again and $haDe is a guy. You're attractive and obviously male, unlike Jillian.

For futher information you never call someone your friend a boyfriend or girlfriend unless romantically involved unless you are from the south and usually gay even in the south. Even the whole "girlfriend" thing didn't last long. (Even if very close to eachother the proper term is "best friend." Just in case you move to the USA. People called MiraShaDe and I gay for a little while. I could never figure out why.)

Just find something fun that is a one liner you can do quickly. Most people probably are putting you off so it is hard to say something humorous in a long conversation.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:48 AM   #44
$haDe

Quote:
I'm not going to find footage of Lucky Star. It doesn't matter that much. And I just remember that Montey Phython does a similar move but they just turn and jog before running..
-_-,okay...

Quote:
Also, I looked at the picture posts again and $haDe is a guy. You're attractive and obviously male, unlike Jillian.
U might need to checked my profile pic,It's more obvious

Quote:
For futher information you never call someone your friend a boyfriend or girlfriend unless romantically involved unless you are from the south and usually gay even in the south. Even the whole "girlfriend" thing didn't last long. (Even if very close to eachother the proper term is "best friend." Just in case you move to the USA. People called MiraShaDe and I gay for a little while. I could never figure out why.)

It's different!
'I'm Uke' is what i'll tell if someone ask my gender

Eastern-Western

Seme = Gay on top
Uke = bottom
gay = fags
fags = male stupidly act female for fun

btw,What did u mean by the "unless you are from the south and usually gay even in the south"

I felt it's offending.
Though it's fine to me. I've been through a lot.

Quote:
Just find something fun that is a one liner you can do quickly. Most people probably are putting you off so it is hard to say something humorous in a long conversation.
It is hard but necessary,especially in the country that 'smile' is use to promote the nation
Old 08-29-2008, 04:58 AM   #45
NightmareInShiningArmour

Shade, your boyfriend is a lucky guy
You're very cute

As for this stuff with the other people, I don't fit in well either, so now I'm rather anti-social. I just find a bunch of friends, whom I'm very close to (maybe just 2 or 3) and we do most things together. Just hang out with your boyfriend and then people might just... I dunno, they may start to accept you. I hope they do.

I'm not that good on advice for stuff like this.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:15 AM   #46
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Oh my gawd, that's horrifying.

Nobody, EVER do that! >_<

Quote:
BTW, there is no point in announcing the gender of your friend unless you are having sex with them. Therefore, it should just say "Friend."
There is a difference between a friend and a boy/girlfriend beyond sex, Catch.

Quote:
A young man acting like a young girl is also very comical!!!
How is it?

Quote:
And I just remember that Montey Phython does a similar move but they just turn and jog before running
Do you mean the soldier/ballet dancers?.... because like all Python, they were taking the piss. John Cleese isn't a dance tutor, maybe that's where you're going wrong.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:45 AM   #47
Morganna

Quote:
I am still the only one offering advice.

Seriously? There are a lot of people who responded to his question with good advice. Godslayer Jillian said to figure out how he acts at parties, to see what he is doing that is bothering other people. I said pretty much the same thing in my post earlier. And several other people offered consolation and said they were the same way. Catch, you are the only one telling Shade to commit social suicide and make a fool of himself.
Morganna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:03 AM   #48
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
For futher information you never call someone your friend a boyfriend or girlfriend unless romantically involved unless you are from the south and usually gay even in the south. Even the whole "girlfriend" thing didn't last long.
What the bloody hell are you talking about? If you're talking about the Southern States in the US, then you are completely off your rocker. >_<

Of course folks in the states call their significant others boyfriends and girlfriends! Why on earth wouldn't they?? [Yes, even here in Dixie, we do it. i. e., my BOYFRIEND proposed to me on Tuesday. I was his GIRLFRIEND. Now he is my FIANCE. In November we will be HUSBAND AND WIFE.]

Even homosexuals, etc. talk about their lovers in terms of "boyfriend" and "girlfriend", so I really haven't a clue where you even got this. [Yes, even homosexuals, etc. in the South.

[Note: On the off-chance that you aren't talking about the Southern States, I withdraw my rant...sort of.]

Quote:
Or...another idea....he could listen to what these folks are talking about, and then interject his own ideas when he has something significant to contribute.

Nobody respects folks who are just trying to 'act the fool', which is what you are suggesting $hade should do; there's a -big- difference between laughing with your friends, and being laughed at by acquaintences. :/
Old 08-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #49
Catch

Jillian is so easy to tease and he usually comes back with some over thought explaination.

The relationships in Thailand between best friends is more complicated. They take on responsibilities like making burial arrangements, something usually handle by family members, themselves and sometimes a close friend. However, in the USA that is something a person calls the person they are courting for marriage.

I knew a gay guy in the south who called women his "girlfriends." It was a platonic suggestion. Usually the phrase girlfriend or boyfriend is romantic for hetrosexuals. I guess someone gay has to clarify the gender.

One of the things people complained about is that he is a drip and not humorous. Making and effort to be funny and laugh at other people's jokes is listening to other people and simply saying be yourself, is not real advice. Being an individual could mean anything. This advice is offering a clear action to achieve goals.

He doesn't have to do the dance, that is where he becomes and individual. I am positive he wouldn't have the thread if he didn't care about his friends and family.

You could also say, to women, "If I said you had a nice chest would you hold it against me?" and then laugh jokingly but seductively.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #50
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareInShiningArmour
Shade, your boyfriend is a lucky guy
You're very cute
http://photos2.hi5.com/0012/013/381/pF9eZ3013381-02.jpg
That's me and him,2 hours later i left the party

The picture's title was.. 'Me 'n Mr.Popular'