Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #26
WolfMoon

Good job, Korova!

I still don't even have a couch.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #27
Jane13

I love your apartment, Korova! Very classy.

X, Your dorm loks interesting. If I would probably spend hours looking at all the stuffon the walls and hanging from the bed. I think I'm gonna take pictures of my room... my brother came home to help us paint my room and the living room this summer.

I chose the colors. I don't think you'd realize it if I hadn't told you
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #28
JuliaGaltic

Korova, do you need a roommate? *crosses fingers* You have an amazing apartment.. wow!
Old 01-28-2006, 11:02 AM   #29
WolfMoon

Korova, it kinda looks like the Panther poster is going to attack the Pulp Fiction poster before they can 'shoot' the Tiger.

Yes?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #30
sensuous0mar

I would post pictures of my living quarters...but it's a dorm, and a disgusting old one at that. I can't control the mess because my roommate leaves her dresser open and her underwear lying around ....EEKS! But next year I'll have my own double room in an apartment complex...with 3 boys....and we'll be sharing a living room and kitchen, so next year I promise pics of the pimped out (only girl's spot in the whole apartment) room.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #31
Empty_Purple_Stars

Isn't Xnguela your roomate?

Or did I misunderstand?
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #32
sensuous0mar

Nope, we just spend a lot (pretty much all) of our free time together. I share a room with a friend from high school.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #33
sensuous0mar

Red face

Right. What she said.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:56 PM   #34
Circle V

I share a room with my two younger brothers (mostly so that I can keep an eye on them, apparently). I don't mind much-- the room is massive and I have some semblance of privacy provided by a sectional bookcase. If all goes well, I'll be adding another bookcase soon.

Here ya go. The room continues far beyond the bookcase and behind me when I took the pictures.

You can see my jazz hat hanging on a chair in one of these pics, and perhaps you can see the spiked cuff that I keep on my bedside lamp for some reason. The four dark framed pictures are all prints of H.R. Giger pieces. Along the same wall, past the mirror, is a huge collection of mounted insects (and one bat) from Bolivia. On the wall past the far side of my bed is a big silver cross from Spain or Mexico, I disremember which. I'm agnostic, but it is quite beautiful and properly Gothic. Above the bed is a framed poster by the surrealist Friedensreich Hundertwasser. The oval blobs are whales swimming in front of dozens of reflective windows, as if they were flying through a city. At the bottom it says "Save the Whales." It was my parents', and is quite awesome.

Yes, that is a wooden frog dangling its feet from the bookcase. There's a cat a few feet further along, and fish on top.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:23 PM   #35
Circle V

It's funny that the laptop is in all three pictures, even though one of them doesn't even include the bed upon which it rests.

I usually can't share a room, but I haven't had any trouble yet.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:30 PM   #36
Circle V

The only things in the room that I use are the computer, closet, and bed. That's why it's so clean.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #37
sensuous0mar

I also have the same laptop. YAY!
Old 01-29-2006, 04:51 PM   #38
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Wait wait wait. This just came to my attention. E_P_S, what do you mean "Manimal and I have decided that we WISH our first apartment had looked that fucking nice.."

You and Manimal are married? I didn't even know you were seeing each other! Wow! It never ceases to amaze me how close people become on this site.
The above post was referring to our respective first apartments way back when we first moved out on our own when we were much younger. I know my first apartment never looked that pimping..

No we're not Married, but I am hoping... *blushes*

We do however, live together with our respective Hellspawns and have for almost two years.

More interesting than that, we met here on Gothic.net in 2003.

As far as I know, we are the only successful Gnet romance to date.

I moved here to Portland from Texas, two summers ago. This was after flying out here to meet him and months and months of getting to know each other very well. We finally decided that my son and I would move here, since I am going to school and can do that just about anywhere. Manimal has a good Government job and it just didn't make sense for him to leave that for the Hellhole that is East Texas. However, Portland is a wonderful place to live, and I simply fell in love with the Northwest, the first time I came to visit.

This amazing man of mine, rented a truck and DROVE with me to Texas to get all of my belongings and my son, and drove us BACK. We covered approximately 4600 miles in less than nine days. HALF of which was with my son, who was five at the time. Oh my fucking God!! Ask me how much fun that was? Manimal should be nominated for Sainthood, without a doubt. I can't believe he didn't throw us BOTH off a cliff somewhere between Colorado and Utah..

From there on out, the rest is pretty much History..

So yeah, thats the skinny..

And if and hopefully when we take the next big step, I promise you guys will be the 2nd to know..

And as I stated before, it's wonderful to see you back again Geisha..

*Edit* I totally forgot to mention that Manimal had the Black Plague throughout the ENTIRE trip, and his Tonsils were the size of small Plums. He was running a huge fever the entire way down there, and most of the way back. He could barely eat and SHOULD have been tucked away in bed. He really should change his name to Saint Manimal..

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 01-29-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:06 PM   #39
Demonista_Ravenesque

I don't have an aparment, so my bedroom will have to do.

This here is my bookcase (The books are at the very bottom). There's a vase full of pink flowers made out of dried leaves. The weird glowy spherical thing is in fact a really cool lamp I got from Thailand. It took me 30 minutes to assemble. The pile of soft toys is the 1/100 of a toy collection of mine. There you can see Po the Telletubby and E.T poking his head through. That on the second top shelf is a quarter of my CD coolection since my friends *borrowed* the other three quarters of the collection. The second last shelf is my collection of magazines and Red Hot Chili Pepper books. The middle shelf is randomly filled with stuff, such as the orange blob of a Nemo Fish pencil holer and American Mcgee's Alice box. On the wall is a Red Hot Chili Peppers poster.

There's a view of my bed, and a little bit of my desk and the tiger rug.

The bear on my bed is called Shabobbles and I've had her (formerly him) since grade four. I performed her sex change on the rug where my red Washburn guitar lies. The weird pink leopard skin cylinder is in fact a stool and yes, that is a Pikachu pencil case on my desk.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:08 PM   #40
Demonista_Ravenesque

That's the door. The posters near the door is a Red Hot Chili Peppers poster and a Gorillaz one.

That's a better view of my desk. The posters on my wall...well, there's a Red Hot Chili Peppers one, a Gorillaz one and a Clockwork Orange one. I used to have other posters such as Jane's Addiction, The Misfits, Danzig and a home made Sex Gang Children one but they were taken off due to horror themes and sexual references unsuitable for children I babysit. The blue blob on the table is a cute lizard that dispenses tissues.

And there's a close up of my favourite blue lizard.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:14 PM   #41
TheKorovaMilkbar

Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys. My head is as swollen as a balloon right now.

Circle V: Your room is wonderful (my condolences on having to share it though) but that spider...

... Yeah, that's gotta go.... NOW!

Demonista: That's a very nice room you have. I love all of the animal skin stuff. And I do believe that you are in your jammies right now, if I'm looking at that mirror correctly.

*edit*- *screams* A CLOCKWORK ORANGE POSTER!! I remember when you showed us that awesomeness. I also love the Gorillaz poster as well.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:17 AM   #42
Demonista_Ravenesque

haha, that's not me, I got a friend to take all my pictures, but you're right, I was in my Jammies hiding under the bed

Old 01-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #43
Sanctus Dei

Damn I wish I could live you your closet...
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:31 PM   #44
Demonista_Ravenesque

Would you ever come outta the closet?

Old 01-31-2006, 10:03 PM   #45
Sanctus Dei

Only if you promised to play with me.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:49 AM   #46
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars

As far as I know, we are the only successful Gnet romance to date.
[/i].

on this subject, what about eyes and al?

or should i not be asking this???

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:58 AM   #47
rockandrose

Demonista's room is fucking hot.

Grrr....I want your tiger rug!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:57 AM   #48
WolfMoon

Anthony Keds is Teh Sexx0rz!

I just wanna lick 'im.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:53 AM   #49
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalitas incomitatus
on this subject, what about eyes and al?

or should i not be asking this???
Eyes actually responded to the question you asked her about Al, in that thread in Literature that Manimal started for him.

Here's the link to the thread: https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1564
Old 02-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #50
Manimal

here's our livingroom

Here's our front door

Sleepy EPS at the dinner table

guess what she's doing?
Some afterfeast Gnet of course!

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 02-01-2006 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Wht Boi accidentally used my real name.. Pftft.
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote