Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #26
Sanguis Aevum

Yup

Was diagnosed with Clinical Depresion About 10 years ago after being seriously ill for some time with no real idea how to cope with it. I opened my wrist up with a saw bladed kitchen knife, then took a razor blade to the insides of my arm to ensure the job was done.

Fortunatly for me, a friend found me, and i spent a while in hospital, where i was diagnosed.

Copius amounts of counseling, a ton of dugs, and ten years later, i still suffer from bouts when things are not going great for me. Good thing is, i know how to deal with it correctly now though.

I don't think it will ever go away entirely, Somethings just not wired right i think.
Sanguis Aevum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #27
Catch

I was depressed for a long time. Even saw a psychologist and they totally missed the symptoms for a physical illness because they were working on some stupid book. Anyway, went to a doctor and explained the situation. Turned out I had hypo thyroidism, so now if anyone asks, my first tip is to see a medical doctor and get a complete physical with the full blood panel tests.

After that I deal with ongoing depression related to whatever. Still kindof up and down, but within reasonable emotional balance. It is whatever, but easily coped with. Sometimes even forget to feel depressed. The difficult part is dealing with people who still relate to me the same way they did when medically ill. They are over protective or seem to be waiting for me to die. It is hostile towards my mental well being, instead of, getting sad though I just get angry and have developed some anger issues. It isn't difficult to piss me off, but then I go back; however, became increasingly mistrustful and often keep secrets.

Luckily, I found reaching out to other people and helping them cope with their issues brings me back into line. Otherwise, probably just lose it. Run away from everyone. Drop the ball on my own personal goals just to mess with someone else. Betray friends and in general take a big old Sh*t on the whole planet.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #28
Despanan

Okay, go hiking or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #29
Mir

... and fall off a cliff!

OK, so maybe not that, but, take a hike anyway.

Maybe it`s just me but why does it feel like all these ungrateful, depressed(?) little bitches (men/women) seem to end up in the gawf/metal subcunture?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #30
JethroAranas

yoga. yoga's the answer.

yeah. yoga.

tastes so good.

yogart! yum
JethroAranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #31
Catch22

You take a Hike and fall off a cliff You're not even Goth.
Catch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #32
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia's Snorkel View Post
I was diagnosed with major depression and PTSD. I hated the drugs, as they made me a zombie, and I found therapy much more beneficial. The problem was finding a p-doc who didn't automatically jump to put me on meds! My depression was not caused by a chemical imbalance; rather, it was the result of a series of traumatic, early events and my lack of coping skills. The two fed off each other until therapy did give me the skills and insight I needed. I have not had a depressive episode for six years now, and I see no reason I ever should again - if something comes up that threatens that, well, I'll consult with a therapist before I let it get me as far down as I used to be. Depending on the cause, I do believe depression can sometimes be beaten.
I guess maybe I should have specified. That's what I meant, clinical depression that was caused by something other than a chemical imbalance, and like you I don't see why I should ever get that low again as my therapist has taught me how to manage my personality.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #33
Graveyard.Crow

I appreciate everyone who took the time to write a serious response. Everyone else, well no comment.
I do think it can be beat though, it's just that whole you are in the middle of it, things feel like they CAN'T get better, but what I learned from all this is that you shouldn't ALWAYS trust how you feel.