Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #26
biohazard

Duckman, please post a picture of yourself!
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #27
raggedyanne

I illuminated my second middle school's recycling dumpster. Cardboard is quite flammable. At my first middle school a friend and I high-jacked the janitor's golf cart and crashed it into another dumpster, consequently, both items involved (cart and dumpster) proceeded to ignite. There was also the locker incident; and the outlet incident; and the hair incidents. Pyromania, it's a beautiful thing. I have candles burning in my room as I type. Probably, not the smartest thing. . .
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #28
Drake Dun

I was playing with candles, like you do. I had one on a small dish, right on my carpet, and it melted down nice and evenly so I kept sticking things into it to keep it going. Finally I pushed it a little too far and the wax itself started burning (everywhere, not just where it met my improvised wicks). So I had this little lake of fire maybe fifteen centimeters across. Very cool, until I noticed that my carpet was melting from the sheer heat.

I panicked and up-ended a bottle of drinking water over the thing. There was this loud WOOSH and suddenly there was no fire, no wax anywhere, and an almost perfectly circular hole straight through my carpet down to the fucking tatami, which was also charred a bit. Damndest thing I ever saw.

I think what happened is that the water flash vaporized and the explosion threw all the wax out of the dish. Maybe it turned the carpet into a giant wick, of maybe it was just the sudden increase in surface area and greater availability of oxygen, but for whatever reason all the wax burned itself up almost instantaneously, taking the carpet with it.

COooooOOooOoolll!!!!!

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:09 AM   #29
Tha Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard
Tha Duckman, why are you amking so many pointless threads? Are you trying to become a Andrew Eldritch? Or maybe boredom?
I just like to post.
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:11 AM   #30
Tha Duckman

Quote:
Duckman, please post a picture of yourself!
OK, OK!!! Jeez...

Tha Duckman...
Old 07-12-2007, 04:02 AM   #31
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
I was playing with candles, like you do. I had one on a small dish, right on my carpet, and it melted down nice and evenly so I kept sticking things into it to keep it going. Finally I pushed it a little too far and the wax itself started burning (everywhere, not just where it met my improvised wicks). So I had this little lake of fire maybe fifteen centimeters across. Very cool, until I noticed that my carpet was melting from the sheer heat.

I panicked and up-ended a bottle of drinking water over the thing. There was this loud WOOSH and suddenly there was no fire, no wax anywhere, and an almost perfectly circular hole straight through my carpet down to the fucking tatami, which was also charred a bit. Damndest thing I ever saw.

I think what happened is that the water flash vaporized and the explosion threw all the wax out of the dish. Maybe it turned the carpet into a giant wick, of maybe it was just the sudden increase in surface area and greater availability of oxygen, but for whatever reason all the wax burned itself up almost instantaneously, taking the carpet with it.

COooooOOooOoolll!!!!!

Drake
That kicks ASS! Tell me your secrets oh great god of pyros. Is there any way to duplicate this using a window screen and an improvised blowtorch?
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #32
biohazard

Yay Tha Duckman posted a picture of himself. Although I would really wish to see a photo of his face.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:01 PM   #33
Saddiction

Quote:
Yay Tha Duckman posted a picture of himself. Although I would really wish to see a photo of his face.
Why don't you post a photo, biohazard?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:15 PM   #34
biohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
Why don't you post a photo, biohazard?
I had posted this pic in one of the whining threads, but I shall post it again. I am ugly, just so you know, but in order to make it fair, I shall post my picture.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6cson08
Old 07-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #35
Valerius

I used to always light things up in my room when I was but a wee child. I'd steal matches from our kitchen and then light candles, colognes, dried paint and little toy cars just for the fun of it right on my study table.

You wanna know how much I hate math???

Clicky

Yeah, we were horsing around our park when then my friends and I decided to burn our first year high math book with alcohol.

I have a video of a friend of mine having other guys pour alcohol on his back and let it alight. It's on my other phone, so I'll try and upload it later on. Another time we had just taken shots of tequila I think and had the shot glasses on the table when a friend dropped a lit match in one cup and the whole table became a fireball of firey goodness.

Another time we were stoned in a friend's apartment, so I stuck a lighter against a friend's pantleg and lit. There was a small fire on the spot on his leg and we all laughed our asses off.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #36
Minyaliel

Biohazard - wouldn't say you're ugly; I'd rather say cute.

Anyway, the only time I can remember setting fire to something I didn't intend setting fire to (logs etc for warmth) was a DIY project I'd worked on for ages and was putting in the stove so that the paint would stick properly. Argh, that was a sad day. And the whole apartment smelled of smoke for five days straight, even though I had the windows wide open almost all of the time. In the end I decided to light some incense sticks and make it a little less obtrusive that way. I can't even start telling you how relieved I was (am am) that my mother was gone that week... I didn't tell her, and if I can help it, she'll never know in the future.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #37
DeathChii

... meow ?
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #38
Valerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChii
... meow ?
Oh boy, a kitty to set on fire!

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:37 AM   #39
raggedyanne

No, not unless it's already dead! Actually, speaking of burnings and dead animals; I do recall one unfortunate incident pertaining to a dead, frozen hamster and a particularly enraged parent of a friend of mine.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:23 AM   #40
LaBelleDameSansMerci

My friend and I cremated her orchid (which she'd accidentally baked under a flourescent light after the flowers fell off...) out by the lake. It was quite difficult cuz it was windy. I used all but one of my matches since her lighter wouldn't work and our thumbs got raw trying to light it.

In grade 11 chem my teacher did the whole lycapodium (sp?) powder explosion. You stick a lit candle in a paint can full of fine, fine fine powder, then blow a puff of air into the powder using a hose that's stuck in a hole in the side of the paint can, and the powder goes flying and blows up into a large fireball cuz it's so fine. That's basically what happens in silo and grain elevator explosions; a static spark sets off all the dust floating around, and it blows the place up, often when there's people inside of it.

I heard of a chemistry teacher who lit a chunk of thermite. He'd put it in a ceramic crucible, which was on a stand, sitting on a bowl of heavy sand, which was on a table. The thermite melted through the crucible, through the sand, through the table, and a good distance into the concrete floor before it went out. I'd have loved to have seen that.

I've burned back-pack strap-type things to stop them fraying, and when I was a kid, I'd pluck out strands of my hair and watch them writhe and curl when I put them close to the candle. I'd also pass my hand through candle flames, seeing how slow I could do it without getting too damaged. My parents and I discovered that wooden mandarine/clementine orange boxes burn beautifully in the fire place. They go up in a blaze of hot, pale yellow flames. You feel like your eyeballs drying out if you're within 3 feet of it... sometimes, even with your eyes closed...

That wax-made hole in the carpet sounds like it would have been frikkin scary, but completely awesome once you look back on it. I'd like to have seen that too.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:30 PM   #41
prophecyofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaizabel Cray
...Do the hamburgers have a tendency to ignite or is the smoke alarm just wacky?
I can't seem to cook anything really without creating enough smoke to set the alarms blaring. The food comes out fine, but the kitchen is pretty smoky.... People tell me I use too much heat, but I don't always have time to cook things slowly over low heat. I've had more than one grease fire ignite, but they have been taken care of by sticking the pan in the sink and letting it burn itself out.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:35 PM   #42
prophecyofdoom

Quote:
... meow ?
I hope you're not implying you've actually set a cat on fire. Cruelty to animals is an awful thing.

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 07-13-2007, 09:36 PM   #43
Tha Duckman

So, it's BAD to laugh when you kick a pig?
Old 07-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #44
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyofdoom
I hope you're not implying you've actually set a cat on fire. Cruelty to animals is an awful thing.
By saying meow O_o; ?
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:43 PM   #45
Tha Duckman

I think they just wanted to POSTAGE!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:53 AM   #46
raggedyanne

They raised the postage to 41 cents. Freaking cheapskate postal postal workers trying to save for their damn retirements while there are kids in cambodia just waiting to be adopted by angelina jolie
Old 07-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #47
Katanshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
OK, OK!!! Jeez...

Tha Duckman...
You so horny...

Oh god, I am really this bored...
Katanshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #48
Tha Duckman

Yes, me so horny .
Old 07-15-2007, 05:17 PM   #49
prophecyofdoom

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyofdoom

By saying meow O_o; ?
I wasn't sure if you were implying something which makes me sad. Like, that you set fire to a cat.

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 07-16-2007, 12:18 AM   #50
Tha Duckman

Way to jump to conclusions. HIGH FIVE!!!