Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #26
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
My finger was not cut, nor did I lick the blood off.
WHAT is your problem? Trust me, it WAS undoubtedly funny (and scary for the guy) at the time. Neither did he bother me since.
I'm as healthy as a horse.
I immediately thought the same thing Saddiction did...and it doesn't matter if you didn't lick it or if your hands weren't cut...skin is permeable...

And honestly, it's not so much that she has a problem than that she understands how the human body works.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #27
Lapin

I'm with Saddiction and Ophelia, Graveyard. That was a foolish move; you had no idea of his status and you could have caused great harm to yourself.

It was also, in my personal opinion, extremely immature. All you did was lower yourself to his level.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #28
Haunted House

Once I had a young lad come up to me in New York and asked to have his picture taken with me. Hah. It was great. His parents were nice.

This was a fun run in:
Grumpy fat middle-aged man: "What are you supposed to be?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Man: "You look like you crawled out of a fucking cemetery."

Some guy called me a pedophile because the back of my jacket says Sex Gang Children

Young boy walking with his father: "Daddy! Is he a rockstar!?"

I was called "Circus freak" once and I'm pretty sure it was because of the top hat I was wearing.

My favorite of all time was "Weirdo!" because of how simply uncreative it was. Hahaha.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #29
Necropolis

I was standing on the street corner waiting for the crosswalk and someone rolled down their window and said "Happy Tuesday" and I was like "Uh, you too". I can't remember what they yelled when they drove off, but it was something derrogatory. I think the "Happy Tuesday" was suppossed to be something like "Happy Halloween, even though it's not Halloween, and btw you look ridiculous dressed like that" if that makes any sense.
Necropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #30
Romantic Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
Wow, how flattering!

I have the same old "Hail Satan" thing yelled at me at least twice a day. I'm getting pretty tired of it, actually. People around here lack creativity.

Oh, and today some random guy on the street said I looked like a doll. Wtf?!
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #31
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
Once I had a young lad come up to me in New York and asked to have his picture taken with me. Hah. It was great. His parents were nice.

This was a fun run in:
Grumpy fat middle-aged man: "What are you supposed to be?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Man: "You look like you crawled out of a fucking cemetery."

Some guy called me a pedophile because the back of my jacket says Sex Gang Children

I was called "Circus freak" once and I'm pretty sure it was because of the top hat I was wearing.

My favorite of all time was "Weirdo!" because of how simply uncreative it was. Hahaha.
Don't forget "HEY! LESBIANS!"

HAHAHAHAH.
ahem. sorry I brought that up.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #32
TheLaughingCorpse

Ooo...my favorite encounter so far was when I was waiting at an intersection to cross the street. A car pulled up at the red light and before I knew it a young woman got out of the driver's seat, left the engine running, ran across the other two lanes, and approached me.

"Here you go, sweetie," she said with a big smile, handing me a thick, slightly worn book before dashing back to her car.

What should it be but a King James' Version of the Bible. I had to wait for the next crosswalk signal since I missed the first from being doubled over with laughter.
TheLaughingCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #33
honeythorn

I was once called a " Vampir " by two Polish blokes in a Welsh pub. They whispered it to each other, and stared at me pretty much the entire time my parents and I were sat next to them. People don't really shout things at me to be honest. Apart from the usual religious berks with Bibles. Last Saturday I had a leaflet literally shoved under my nose and was told to " repent of your sins " Oh I did LARF!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #34
d.Nox

A (very drunk, I suspect, from the stagger) old Shoshone crossed my path in the supermarket a few months ago. He stopped about a foot in front of me, looked me up and down, and then said "Hey, cool cat!" in a very chipper voice. Then he walked off. I'm still a bit mystified by the whole thing.
d.Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #35
Cyntrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
I'm with Saddiction and Ophelia, Graveyard. That was a foolish move; you had no idea of his status and you could have caused great harm to yourself.

It was also, in my personal opinion, extremely immature. All you did was lower yourself to his level.
Am I the only one who thinks this isn't a big deal...? o.O
Old 10-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #36
Lucretia_my_Reflection

um, I have gotten some nice complements from people but normally the things they say are along the lines of.

-"IT BURNS" and then they shine there light of there phone in my eyes i was at a concert watching my friend preform at the time.

-"hello Gothic what are you meant to be some kinda witch or somethin'" from some old man that looks like a toad, that happened whilst i was wondering around the market.

-I got attacked my Canadians they gave me stickers :P, and these Italian ladies asked to take photos of me and my sister i let them they where so friendly.

-"Is she a fairy?"

-"Look mummy! them ladies have big shoes!"

In my own prejudgment this chav/gangsta looking person came up to me and introduced himself really nicely and hugged me he was so nice im still in contact with him. There was a not nice incident when i was in my first year of high school i had some idiot through a bottle of milk at me was rather disgusting.
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #37
MaverickZero

Oh yes, and there was my favorite when I was walking to the bar:

"What's your statement, Eh bud? What the fuck are you trying to say? WHATS YOUR PROBLEM?"

Some ass in the middle of the street, seemed to get very irate with me for no reason
MaverickZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #38
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingCorpse
Ooo...my favorite encounter so far was when I was waiting at an intersection to cross the street. A car pulled up at the red light and before I knew it a young woman got out of the driver's seat, left the engine running, ran across the other two lanes, and approached me.

"Here you go, sweetie," she said with a big smile, handing me a thick, slightly worn book before dashing back to her car.

What should it be but a King James' Version of the Bible. I had to wait for the next crosswalk signal since I missed the first from being doubled over with laughter.
I had something similar happen to me a couple weeks ago. I was standing around during Frosh week while my friend was picking up his yearbook, and this guy rode up beside me on a bike, stopped, and handed me a rolled-up brochure, said "Welcome to University" and rode off before I could say anything. I looked at the brochure he gave me, and it was an "anarchist primer." The only reason I can think of that he gave one to me, and no one else in the vicinity, was that I was wearing a long black velvet skirt and my black opera gloves and a black wide-strapped tanktop. I'm still kinda bemused, and blink everytime I think of it. Kinda funny, though, really.

And last week, a girl that I'm vaguely aquainted with (aka, said hi a couple times when we were at the same party) who was sitting on the steps I was walking past, told me that they were doing a screening of an anarchist movie in about 5 minutes.

Anarchy seems to either be the big thing on campus this year, or be more noticable cuz the campus anarchists are being more obnoxious this year. They keep spray-painting things on walls and stuff.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #39
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci
I had something similar happen to me a couple weeks ago. I was standing around during Frosh week while my friend was picking up his yearbook, and this guy rode up beside me on a bike, stopped, and handed me a rolled-up brochure, said "Welcome to University" and rode off before I could say anything. I looked at the brochure he gave me, and it was an "anarchist primer." The only reason I can think of that he gave one to me, and no one else in the vicinity, was that I was wearing a long black velvet skirt and my black opera gloves and a black wide-strapped tanktop. I'm still kinda bemused, and blink everytime I think of it. Kinda funny, though, really.

And last week, a girl that I'm vaguely aquainted with (aka, said hi a couple times when we were at the same party) who was sitting on the steps I was walking past, told me that they were doing a screening of an anarchist movie in about 5 minutes.

Anarchy seems to either be the big thing on campus this year, or be more noticable cuz the campus anarchists are being more obnoxious this year. They keep spray-painting things on walls and stuff.
It leaves you wondering if they know what they are getting into

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #40
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
Nope. GC doesn't think it's a big deal. In fact she thought it was hilarious.

Personally, you couldn't pay me to touch the blood of another person (unless it was my bf).
Old 10-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #41
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Yeah.... Then again, one of the spray painted messages, on a dumpster, reads "WSI Toxic parks over your piggy over-consumption." Speaking of toxicity, what about all those polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons you're putting into the air with your spray paint? *rolls eyes*

A lot of people here seem to be idiots. Makes me wonder how they got in. Their mommies or daddies probably have a lot of money.

It makes me wonder if the people ever observed human nature. It's NOT in human nature to treat others as you would be treated yourself, which I believe is necessary for anarchy to work. Just like communism would never work, at least not on a large scale, cuz humans are greedy and lazy....
But this isn't the section for political debates....

Old 10-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #42
Angels&Absinthe

I was walking down the street with my friend who is a girl (as am I), and we were holding hands, cause we do things like that, and this guy slowed down as he passed inhis truck and grinned all creepily. He yelled something, and we kept going 'WHAT?' because I am a quarter deaf and she... well she has no excuse. Anyways, finally we get that he's saying 'Hey, are you guys lesbians?' and because we are used to this, we laugh and say 'yes', and he passes. However, he obviously had made a wrong turn because at the next intersection he goes to turn, and yells, 'WOO! Go you!... Want some company?' and we yelled back, 'Sorry, lesbians only!'. But it was amusing. And I think he was joking, not trying to be creepy, so it was funny instead of traumatizing.

Also, on Queen St in Toronto once, my friend had bought a chain and collar so I was leading her and this guy was like, 'Hey that's cool! Special occasion or just felt like it?'. I, not expecting this was just like, 'uhh... Just for fun of course' and he was like 'awesome'.
So mostly I get positive comments.

I do get the 'It's not Halloween yet!' but they're not creative enough to stand out in memory.
Angels&Absinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #43
LaBelleDameSansMerci

When I went to the 3rd Harry Potter movie on opening night, there was a girl leading her friend around on a leash. Nearest I can figure is that her friend was supposed to be dressed as Sirius. Or they were just being random. The guy behind us said something to his friend about it being "kinda kinky."

Old 10-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #44
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci
When I went to the 3rd Harry Potter movie on opening night, there was a girl leading her friend around on a leash. Nearest I can figure is that her friend was supposed to be dressed as Sirius. Or they were just being random. The guy behind us said something to his friend about it being "kinda kinky."
Or they just wanted attention.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #45
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I immediately thought the same thing Saddiction did...and it doesn't matter if you didn't lick it or if your hands weren't cut...skin is permeable...

And honestly, it's not so much that she has a problem than that she understands how the human body works.
So do I.

Saddi.
We are different. Blood isn't gross to me.

And by the way, even if I DID get something, that would be MY problem alone now wouldn't it?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #46
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
No you are not. I second that.
Wow....drama queens.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #47
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
So do I.

Saddi.
We are different. Blood isn't gross to me.
I don't think you understand the problem. It isn't about being gross, it's about being unsafe. Poop might not be gross to you, but if you touch it, there's a chance you'll get sick. Blood is no different.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #48
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I don't think you understand the problem. It isn't about being gross, it's about being unsafe. Poop might not be gross to you, but if you touch it, there's a chance you'll get sick. Blood is no different.
That would be my sickness to deal with.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #49
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
No you are not. I second that.
Wow....drama queens.
And how is anyone here being a drama queen?
No one freaked out, or got angry, or even seemed to really give a shit. It was just a stupid thing to do, and Saddiction felt like pointing that out. How is that any more dramatic than say...going on for pages and pages about what goth is or why people shouldn't be mean to other people in regards to them not being really goth?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:27 PM   #50
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
That would be my sickness to deal with.
Right...no one was upset that they'd have to pay your medical bills. It was just stupid, and just like anyone else, we're allowed to have our opinions, and state them.