Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #51
JCC

Well, the main point of this thread is that the original poster doesn't like pseudo-intellectualism. So we should all praise Zavulon, really. He makes no effort to hide his lack of wit and intelligence.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #52
Tam Li Hua

Good point, JCC!
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #53
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
I have two irritations. The first is talking to people who try to be clever by using pseudo-intellectualism, then get snooty when no one understands what the hell they're talking about....and then act like it's the group's fault for not understanding. >_<

Seriously gets on my nerves. If you want to have an intellectual discussion, then explain yourself clearly. If you don't, then say so from the beginning.

The second irritation has to do with people IRL who consider themselves my 'friend'...but really just want my attention, and who don't actually care about me at all. I mean, I could tell this person that my parents both just died by committing suicide in front of me, that I found out I have a tumor and am dying in two days, and that I lost all my money to thieves...and they would still manage to turn the conversation around to them!

Gah, humanity!!
I know the type, there are a few of them at the pub I like to hang out at that try to weasel their way into discussions. I simply refuse to argue with them, for they are brain damaged. I think William S. Burroughs put it best:

"Do not offer sympathy to the mentally ill. Tell them firmly, 'I am not paid to listen to this drivel. You are a terminal fool.'"

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #54
stompyhank

I was disappointed to hear that from Zavulon... I found him promising. Shows what I know, I guess. :/
stompyhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #55
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompyhank
I was disappointed to hear that from Zavulon... I found him promising. Shows what I know, I guess. :/
I think he's one of those that would be promising if he dropped the condescending attitude. I mean, his poetry was pretty good...but his attitude stinks.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #56
stompyhank

Yeah, I had really enjoyed reading his "coffee illness" poem (I think that was him, anyway) but after reading this, I'm very disappointed.. ah well. Normally I'm a pretty good judge of people, I think, but of course it doesn't work that way over the internet.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #57
Mir

What? You guys are still arguing over petty crap? Which one of you will be the bigger person and move on? Move on to make some rice and salad for us all.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:37 AM   #58
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
What? You guys are still arguing over petty crap? Which one of you will be the bigger person and move on? Move on to make some rice and salad for us all.
I wouldn't say arguing; methinks it's down-graded to idle chit-chat.

I see the guy has potential, and it's sad that he wastes it on being so immature. *shrug*

So...you want rice salad, huh? I think I can conjure that up! ^__^

*puts water on to boil*
Old 02-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #59
stompyhank

You can make salad out of rice?? -scaredscaredscared-
Old 02-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #60
Zavulon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Well, the main point of this thread is that the original poster doesn't like pseudo-intellectualism. So we should all praise Zavulon, really. He makes no effort to hide his lack of wit and intelligence.
nope, unlike you i don't heap hyperbole on threads to make myself feel better. nice try douchebag, now please pull forward to the second window.
Zavulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #61
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavulon
nope, unlike you i don't heap hyperbole on threads to make myself feel better. nice try douchebag, now please pull forward to the second window.
No no, he's quite right; in every thread here where you have interacted with others, you've proven that you aren't really an intellectual at all, but rather simply a prideful human being unwilling to admit his mistakes.

Perhaps it is -you- who needs to move on, good sir.

And how shameful! A grown man in his thirties picking on teenagers!

Tsk tsk.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:00 AM   #62
Zavulon

fuckwits like you can only insult me by claiming i am not intellectual. it really is the only ammo you have. where as i see lots more things about you i can tear into... such as; you can't keep but replying to me, which leads me to believe that you need me far more than i need you, because i amuse myself by wasting you and other peoples' time when i am bored; you are grossly hypocritical in nature, you dislike me for being an ass, but yet here you are acting like one yourself, i just do a far better job at it, i wouldn't want to be half-assed.
no matter how you reply back... keep it in your mind the more time you waste on little old me the more amused i am by it all...
seems kind of funny how you can claim i am not intellectual, which would imply you would know what being intellectual is, but yet you fail to see i am having quite a gas while you and others take time on me.

feed me more....
Zavulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #63
dark_dragon_of_ice

Mature was another one.
So far your creative insults have been....
douchebag
cunty old bitch.
crybaby
stupid cunt
crybaby bitch fest Tam.
little cunt
simple cunt
simpleton (yeah we can tell your not a simpleton I mean those insults are something I wouldn't expect from a 13 year old..)
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:38 AM   #64
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
fuckwits like you can only insult me by claiming i am not intellectual. it really is the only ammo you have. where as i see lots more things about you i can tear into... such as; you can't keep but replying to me, which leads me to believe that you need me far more than i need you, because i amuse myself by wasting you and other peoples' time when i am bored; you are grossly hypocritical in nature, you dislike me for being an ass, but yet here you are acting like one yourself, i just do a far better job at it, i wouldn't want to be half-assed.
no matter how you reply back... keep it in your mind the more time you waste on little old me the more amused i am by it all...
seems kind of funny how you can claim i am not intellectual, which would imply you would know what being intellectual is, but yet you fail to see i am having quite a gas while you and others take time on me.

feed me more....
*puts you on her ignore list.*

Putting you on ignore means I don't have to see your attempts to prove yourself better than the rest of us.

I hope one day that you find peace with yourself and with others, love. Peace to you and yours.

~Lady Tam Li~
Old 02-06-2008, 04:46 AM   #65
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompyhank
You can make salad out of rice?? -scaredscaredscared-
You can make salad out of ANYTHING! XD
Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 AM   #66
Nevan

Salad? Did someone mention salad?

I could do with a nice roquefort salad right now...

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:57 AM   #67
stompyhank

-ignoring Zav-

I looooove salad. Marijuana salad. And, Mcdonalds salad, which most people find revolting. But I like it. Because I am revolting. Yay!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:57 AM   #68
stompyhank

But I don't really like rice.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:04 AM   #69
Nevan

Sushi is nice, though.

I wouldn't touch mcdonalds with a ten foot pole. I don't know how the quality is where you live but around here...

I have this theory, you see...

But hell. If it works for you - go ahead, indulge!

- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Old 02-06-2008, 05:07 AM   #70
stompyhank

Oooh yes, I like sushi.

I just can't resist the smell of McDonalds. Even if I knew what crap I was putting in me by eating there, I still would. I'm not big on being healthy.

Theory? Elaborate, please?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:21 AM   #71
MollyMac

I like it when something is discussed that one knows about, it is intellectualism. When the topic is then something that one does *not* know about, it becomes the others' pseudo-intellectualism and not the one's under-intellectualism.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:21 AM   #72
Nevan

Stompyhank - Well, if you insist...

Theory: McDonalds South Africa receives their patties from the US via gigantic fax machines designed to print on a special kind of cardboard.

Proof 1: The patties are as flat as cardboard.
Proof 2: The patties taste like cardboard.

And since 1 and 2 also applies to the buns, therefore, the buns undergo the same faxing process as well.

That's my belief and I'm sticking to it.

- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Old 02-06-2008, 05:26 AM   #73
stompyhank

Ahahahahahaha.
I agree, Nevan, I agree. :3

Luckily, I don't eat the burgers there.. I like the salad, the fries, the chicken nuggets even, but the burgers are hell on earth.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:30 AM   #74
Nevan

I am yet to find the perfect burger in this country. Until I do, I make my own. At least I know what's going into it.

- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Old 02-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #75
JCC

Quote:
Heap exaggeration on to threads?

JCC is offline   Reply With Quote