Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #51
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
So if life is only an advanced chemical reaction that can happen anywhere in the universe, then it is indicative of a natural tendency in the cosmos towards complexity, towards life. Now that may be meaningless to an individual, but it indicates some kind of meaning for some reason, that life will always emerge under the right conditions. Maybe not for reasons important or comprehensible to humans, but a meaning none the less.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #52
JCC

It is indicative of a series of well-timed accidents conglomerating together to weave a brilliant tapestry of reckless chemical abandon and logical mutative progression, evolution. There is no governing force in the universe, and there is no natural propensity to life.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #53
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
This is why it is important to find life on other worlds: that given favorable light and gravity, a magnetic field to protect against cosmic radiation and sufficient water, any planet can result in the "chemical reaction" that spawns life. We will no longer be special as a species.

Thus we will change our collective perspective from human centric to science centric existence.

Then we will extend our search not just for other life, but for other intelligence.
Filling up the space of time with something to do.

With the idea of an after-life, the whole function of the "spirit" and life could be redefined to the energy force in a person. If there is a conscious extension of a person, then the physics of this vessel might be less limited.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #54
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
You're plucking random things out of the air and levelling them at me without thought and I expected better than that.
On the contrary, I'm just mentioning outcomes of apathy which I know don't apply to you.
Then again it's just logical that I'd want you to 'be on my camp' rather than the other, when it all comes down to semantics like many times.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #55
Catch

Here I will tell you a story about my self that may help. . ..

Growing up, I was a nihilist. I delivered pizzas to get tips to buy beer to hangout in my friends basement with my boyfriend. Life was bliss and totally perfect.

Then I started looking around and realized I should go to college to get a better job. Towards the end of graduating from college I discovered God.

Now I was already looking for a new thrill in life and that could be through education, but on the same hand my life became much more restricted. I graduated from a university, but at what cost?

I haven't really talked to most of my friends in a long time; I haven't been married and have to mention the common law marriages. I don't have any children and for all that work, what have I gotten out of it? Not that much. It is supposed to pay off eventually, but when? It has been so insanely awful.

Christianity is a dark religion. It is brain washing people into working for others and stealing their life from them.

Nihilism disputes religions by saying that all of the hoops everyone has to jump through are lame. Really, if you think about it, why did God make the earth and mankind? He was making paradise. Earth is a vacation spot for God.

Reguardless of anything you say, everything in the world is mundane. Even the reason for why we live is a whim. This great purpose of everything is a load of crap and I should have died happily in a gutter a few years ago. Sure, that sounds bad, but every moment of my life would have been enjoyed. Though I did like learning about weird useless stuff that no one really cares much about.