Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #76
honeythorn

The scariest child I have ever encountered was last weekend. This little japanese girl about...4-5 . Seriously she was absoulutely alarming. She almost never spoke, just constantly giggled. Found my mate Oliver hilarious for some reason, she'd just stand there giggling and staring at him. She said something like " can I have your bow and arrow? " so he said that the archer men were near the wicker man ( who had been burned at that point ) and she just giggled and piped up " THE WICKER MAN'S DEAD! " ........

FUCKING RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her creepy points went through the stratosphere at that point.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:44 PM   #77
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolik
I think children scare me now...
Rofl.

Anyhow, back to topic, I'm undecided on whether or not I want kids of my own. I don't care overmuch for most children, and I also hate the condescending attitude of "when you have children, you'll think differently." I've had a number of people react in that manner when I say I don't like kids. Not everyone wants children, not everyone is good with them, and I hate it that in my personal experience people seem to have an attitude that you aren't really a woman until you've had kids. I've also had so many people ask me if I have kids that it's getting mildly annoying...that social pressure to have them is there.

My attitude towards children probably deals with my introverted nature, bad experiences, and being an only child with no younger siblings and little contact with small children. Bad experiences range from kids in public places attaching themselves to me (sometimes literally, as in hugging my leg) or meddling in my business, to kids throwing things at me and/or beating me over the head with toys, to being thrown up on by a 3 year old my mother was babysitting at the time, quite literally right after I had two teeth pulled at the dentist. Needless to say, if I ever have kids, it will be after much careful consideration, and IF I have them, they WILL be well behaved in public. If I had kids that weren't able to behave themselves, I would not take them to restaurants, the movies, the bookshop, etc. I would do without or I'd hire a babysitter unless it was something absolutely necessary like getting groceries.

On a related note, some of you may have seen this. www.youtube.com/watch?v=nojWJ6-XmeQ
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:39 PM   #78
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destituxe
Children are only as bad as their parents are lazy.
This is sooo true! I love all my nieces and my half-sister to death, but then again, their parents are all very rigid in their upbringing, and they're family. I don't like the children who throw tantrums in walmart for a toy.
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #79
Delkaetre

I avoid children.
I don't like them. The very little ones are inexplicably attracted to me, but I can't cope with humanoids that don't have coherent speech and cognitive abilities (similarly, I'm really not good with the mentally retarded). The quite little female ones are attracted to my hair (mummy, she has Princess/Mermaid hair!). Then after that they're just loud and strange and sticky and underfoot.
The ones that are quiet and out of my way are fine, providing they stay that way.
Avoiding children is not possible, however, if you have to function out there in the World. Public transport, shopping areas of towns, parks, museums and art galleries end up with people and their spawn in them.
I'm just pleased I didn't see anyone with a pram at the Wellcome Collection.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #80
Duane

I greatly dislike the ones who pick up the whole "Ima hardore gangsta' " from their older brothers, and sisters.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #81
Slap Your Love

I hate kids. They're annoying in every way. They are a drain on a parents income and I tend to treat them like animals because that's how I interpret their intelligence level.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #82
MegearaErotica

I'm not entirely sure if I would be considered a child or not since I'm 15 and support most of my expenses with a summer job... hmmm...
Old 09-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #83
$haDe

One thing I hate about children is they don't want to grow up no matter how bad the situation was...

Some might but mostly do NOT

And I'm so Fuckin' tired of those who tried to have me understand them... It's an absurdity attempt of nothing pure foolness

I don't blame their parents ,though their action effect these kid a lot.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #84
Xombie

I, too, hate children.

BEHOLD! Black metal baby lamp! Unforunately, the corpse paint-like shadows around the eyes are not terribly noticeable at this angle.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #85
$haDe

^ Crap

I thought it was real, somehow
Old 09-17-2008, 12:57 AM   #86
Joker_in_the_Pack

The parents are worse!

"OH isnt little (insert utterly stupid name here) the most amazing singer and dancer and actor and painter and writer and isnt she cute and funny and so intelligent?"

No, you delusional TWAT, she's not. She's remarkably stupid, even for her age, she can't draw a straight line if you gave her a ruler and held her hand, she's got the lying ability of a nun, and she barely fucking walks. She's also repulsive looking and horridly annoying, so I guess she takes after you.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #87
LiUsAiDh

A little girl asked me today if I was a researcher....

A FUCKING RESEARCHER!?!?!?!?

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #88
Tam Li Hua

LiU: What did she think that you researched?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #89
LiUsAiDh

No bloody idea! I was just carrying my school bag, games kit and a box file... I wasn't exactly in a white coat clutching a microscope!!

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #90
Duane

A kid asked me if I was a pervert one time... and well, I couldn't lie. To make up for it, I told him that he should never, ever do what I'm doing, as it's a very BAD habit... I hope he's taken it to heart.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #91
a morbid curiosity

My cousin is one of those freakishly intelligent, mature children that are mostly featured in sentimental movies and do not usually exist in real life.

She has worn make-up and picked out her own clothes since she learned to talk, often picks out clothes for me and tells me I should wear my hair or make-up a certain way because it looks more "gothic, and you like the goth style, don't you?"
She counselled my aunt on whether she ought to get married to her partner or not, often berates people for being unintelligent and has an uncanny knack for picking up on people's flaws and then using them against them.

She is six.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #92
Mealla

That's the kind of six year old I can truly appreciate. Though I have to wonder what happened to make her grow up so fast...they typically don't do that on their own.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #93
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity
often berates people for being unintelligent and has an uncanny knack for picking up on people's flaws and then using them against them.
Neither of these things is good.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:30 PM   #94
Mir

Singular and plural.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #95
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Singular and plural.
You hush, Mr. Man.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #96
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
A kid asked me if I was a pervert one time... .
Strangly enough this happened to me also. I was reading a yaoi at the time that had a very graphic cover.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #97
AngelikDemonik

I do like children, I just hate hearing babies scream at the top of their lungs. It drives me mad.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:17 AM   #98
Arashi

I loathe small children; especially infants... They drive me insane.

Really, I don't think I could bear caring for something that screams, is greedy, can't speak, barfs everywhere, grabs/bites things that shouldn't be grabbed/bitten, and shits on itself.

Then again, I love my puppy and he does many of those things, but at least he's cute... unlike babies, the ugly little demon fuckers that they are.

*cough*
Old 09-18-2008, 01:12 AM   #99
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I have more respect for a child who uses words and makes a fuss than one who screams and makes a fuss.

If I am ever a parent, social etiquette and how to behave in public will be one of the major things I teach my child.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #100
M-Mortten

I think the only type of kid I can stand are those who are 13 or 14, you know when some of them understand the meaning of "annoying" and they begin to read other kinds of books and listen other kinds of music.
M-Mortten is offline   Reply With Quote