Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #76
KontanKarite

Hey, I'm merely upset that I know you're better than generalizing. But if you don't think you're above it, then that's on you. *shrugs*

The difference between your generalizations and dead baby jokes is that they're jokes. You on the other hand, weren't kidding.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #77
Solumina

Alarica: out of curiosity why are you opposed to therapy? (Or am I misunderstanding you?) I can understand why people are opposed to drugs, I don't necessarily agree, but I do think that there are plenty of people on drugs that they don't need (though most of those are prescribed by GPs and that is a really long rant so I wont get into it), I just can't really see what the harm is with a few sessions of therapy, other than maybe having a bit less money.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #78
alyroi360

why do a lot of people analyze things forward, then backward, then twist it around their pinky fingers in a sort of attempt to make an insult? I don't get it... Why can't you guys be nice?
alyroi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #79
KontanKarite

Because we're all catty bitches with nothing better to do.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #80
alyroi360

I hear yah....
alyroi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:18 AM   #81
Alarica

Solumina, I'm not completely opposed to therapy. I'm sure it really does make a difference to some people with some specific problems. It just annoys me when someone says they have something like Aspergers, and its suggested he get therapy and drugs. Not that he try and join 1 of these Aspergers adults support networks, and talk to people just like him. Which isnt therapy. I suppose my biggest problem is the fact that Opeteron is saying he's been diagnosed with Aspergers, and yet he's sinking fast into his own pit of misery. If he was diagnosed, he should still be in contact with the doctor. His doctor should be keeping an eye on his triggers for this behaviour or someone should be, and helping him find ways to cope. People with functioning Aspergers can be taught how to cope. The same as people with Dyspraxia and Dyslexia (for example, since these are closely related to family and friends) are retrained in their thinking.

Also, I'm not opposed to drugs as a whole. I take thyroxine daily in an obscene amount, and am locked in a battle with my own doctors to have my treatment changed. Anti-psychotics also help many people, but I also think they are dished out far too fucking often. Take a child with a lot of energy, and nowhere to focus it and you get a child labelled with ADHD, and pumped full of mind altering drugs for the rest of their life.

In the uk you get something equally unhelpful like 'I'll put the kettle on, we'll have a chat'. If you have the internet, the worlds your oyster. You have access to information until your head explodes. At the end of the day, Opteron has a diagnosis. That makes a huge difference in getting information specifically for his needs.

50 years ago (ball park figure for effect), all these 'afflictions' didnt exist, and therefore nor did the drugs. People learnt to cope and supported each other. In cultures where the family is important, and extends into a large support network, it's rare to hear of people like OM, like me even. Maybe its my British stiff upper lip thats the reason for my dislike in therapy and drugs.

And Kontan, as for my generalising comments. Perhaps in hind sight I should have phrased my post more carefully.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:13 AM   #82
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
JCC, seriously man... Don't be obtuse. She was being prejudice.

America isn't some sentient thing, it's an area of the world and the people in it are what make it what it is. Ergo, America and it's stupid obsession with therapy and pills is the same as Americans and their stupid obsession with therapy and pills.
So if someone criticises America's foreign policy, it's an indirect way of incriminating you as a dirty imperialist barbarian?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:14 AM   #83
Opteron_Man

I am feeling a littttle better folks. I thank you from the bottem of my heart. I listened to the song that the woman whom I love sang and I only cried a little bit.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #84
Opteron_Man

You might be interested to know that I walked aroiund today with my head held high and my feet firmply planted on the ground. I was not mopey and depressed, I took the plunge and I talked to people today. I grabbed the bull by the balls and I walked up to a cute woman and I said "Hi, how are you? I like your cellphone. What's your name? Blah blah blah."
I was scared and nervious as hell, and I am sure I sounded like a retard, but I did try and she was polite and resipricated sort of. At an office supply store a hot woman who worked there talked with me and we shared a common love for the old nintendo. But I was too scared to say "hey, maybe we could get together and play some old game this weekend".
Hey, she might have considered it. She was not turned off by me, she smilled and whatever.
The point is, it is not the world's fault that I as single and basically friendless, it is all mine. MINE! And be just doing those simple things I saud, I was able to take one small step out of my shell. It was scary, and I didn't get too far, but it was progress, one step forward to being a person. After each little conversation broke up becuase of a bus or whatever, I was shaking but I felt stronger and happy! When I got on the bus, I had the balls to ask the girl nest to me her name and comment on her bag, and asked her about school and what music she likes, and I handed her my mp3 player and she listened to a song by the smiths I like.

Anyways, I am trying. and I will continue to do so. Time to move forward and release my potential.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #85
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
So if someone criticises America's foreign policy, it's an indirect way of incriminating you as a dirty imperialist barbarian?

Of course. You know, because if we're going to be prejudice, that's what prejudice stuff is.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #86
Cicero

Sorry, this is kind of irritating me: 'prejudice' is a noun. The correct term when describing someone is 'prejudiced'.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #87
KontanKarite

Fine. Prejudiced. Wonderful.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #88
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Anyways, I am trying. and I will continue to do so. Time to move forward and release my potential.
Just be sure to keep it up and don't get discouraged if you have bad luck here and there. Everyone gets rejected, everyone has bad days, everyone feels depressed or upset sometimes. So if some girl doesn't like you or rejects you down the line, just remember that you can make yourself happy. If you're feeling down, do something fun just for you, and remember to ask for help if you need it, especially from your doctor or therapist.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:26 AM   #89
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealla
Just be sure to keep it up and don't get discouraged if you have bad luck here and there. Everyone gets rejected, everyone has bad days, everyone feels depressed or upset sometimes. So if some girl doesn't like you or rejects you down the line, just remember that you can make yourself happy. If you're feeling down, do something fun just for you, and remember to ask for help if you need it, especially from your doctor or therapist.
Yeah, thanks. I will try that. I appricate your input Mealla.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:11 AM   #90
Serephurus

Well, let's get a few things out of the way:

"I don't know how to be human, I don't fucking even know how to dress goth properly and fashionably. I am so bad at my studies, I don't even have my grade 12. Fuck!"

Don't be someone you're not. If you're trying to dress like a stereotype Goth, then you're probably not a Gothic person. From other points addressed in your rant, I believe that you have some hidden insecurities and difficulties with interpersonal relations. It can be difficult to conform with society when you lack confidence or just have poor social skills.

There are a lot of organizations that you can try to join. Some basically require other members to be your friends. If you're at least 21, you could always try the Freemasons (F&A) or some other major fraternity.

As for depression, don't be afraid to go to a doctor and try to get put on antidepressants. It'll eventually pass, and probably won't even last that long anyway. Just don't do anything that you'll regret and strive to do your best in life. You'll appreciate it later.
Serephurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #91
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serephurus
Well, let's get a few things out of the way:

"I don't know how to be human, I don't fucking even know how to dress goth properly and fashionably. I am so bad at my studies, I don't even have my grade 12. Fuck!"

Don't be someone you're not. If you're trying to dress like a stereotype Goth, then you're probably not a Gothic person. From other points addressed in your rant, I believe that you have some hidden insecurities and difficulties with interpersonal relations. It can be difficult to conform with society when you lack confidence or just have poor social skills.

There are a lot of organizations that you can try to join. Some basically require other members to be your friends. If you're at least 21, you could always try the Freemasons (F&A) or some other major fraternity.

As for depression, don't be afraid to go to a doctor and try to get put on antidepressants. It'll eventually pass, and probably won't even last that long anyway. Just don't do anything that you'll regret and strive to do your best in life. You'll appreciate it later.
Thanks, Serephurus. I am sure that I do need some help.