Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #76
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
In reference to your post on page 2, Underwater...

We don't (or at leas I don't) educate baby bats because they give us a bad name. We educate them because it may be a sign that they could become part of our subculture. Don't forget many of us were once baby bats.
Very true. However, no one helped me, and I was pretty damn goth in my peak. (I've recently been changing, but that doesn't really have to do with this.) If they want help or knowledge, they'll ask, and if not, leave them be.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:34 PM   #77
Tha Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
In reference to your post on page 2, Underwater...

We don't (or at leas I don't) educate baby bats because they give us a bad name. We educate them because it may be a sign that they could become part of our subculture. Don't forget many of us were once baby bats.
Do you chant "ONE OF US!! ONE OF US!!" after you've finished "Educating" them?
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #78
Lapin

Alright, this has gotten to the point where this thread needs to die before we all kill each other. Either that or everyone calm the fuck down.

I always understood the term "Baby Bat" to mean a fledgling goth. Someone who was just starting to get into the whole scene, and yes, made a few mistakes, but also started toddling off in their own direction, like Victorian Gothic, PerkyGoth, etc. I was never under the impression it was an insult, a "oh look, how .....cute" type of title.

You all are being absolutely ridiculous about this. Baby Bats don't need to be educated or conformed or anything in my experience. Often times they find their own way.

Now, I think it's time for this thread to wind down and fade into memory.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:50 PM   #79
Tha Duckman

I have a headlight on my bike !
Old 07-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #80
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
You all are being absolutely ridiculous about this. Baby Bats don't need to be educated or conformed or anything in my experience. Often times they find their own way.
Mostly, I agree with this, but I say we have the right to correct them if they make a false statement like "MCR is goth," if we so choose. I would not condone going out and wantonly converting people, but you shouldn't resign to complete apathy either.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #81
CountSixstring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork
Mostly, I agree with this, but I say we have the right to correct them if they make a false statement like "MCR is goth," if we so choose. I would not condone going out and wantonly converting people, but you shouldn't resign to complete apathy either.
You're right. Although people do take this too seriously. Saying a band like A.F.I./MCR have goth influences isn't saying that they're goth. People scan articles for words like this and make big deals out of it all the time. For instance. A.F.I. is inspired by bands like Bauhaus, Joy Division, The Cure, Misfits, U2, The Clash, Dead Kennedys and so on, not all of them are goth. Someone latches on to these little bits and throws labels al over the place and breed ignorant accusations and retarded fangirls. Im not saying A.F.I. is goth, because they aren't. Im saying read the facts thourougly before you shoot someone down. It gets annoying and it draws away from the subculture in the manner of "This and that isn't goth" instead of "The Neph is awesome" Get my drift? Im not slamming anyone, that only breeds chaos because all of us are stubborn and that's human. We throw around lingo tha was meant to be satyrical and it fucks everything up and it breeds pointless debates.
CountSixstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #82
DeathChii

I was such a baby bat... sigh... I'm soooooo happy I found this site =]
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #83
CountSixstring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
Alright, this has gotten to the point where this thread needs to die before we all kill each other. Either that or everyone calm the fuck down.

I always understood the term "Baby Bat" to mean a fledgling goth. Someone who was just starting to get into the whole scene, and yes, made a few mistakes, but also started toddling off in their own direction, like Victorian Gothic, PerkyGoth, etc. I was never under the impression it was an insult, a "oh look, how .....cute" type of title.

Now, I think it's time for this thread to wind down and fade into memory.
Right. I honestly think someone read the goth slang article on Wikipedia and used the terms like they seriously knew what they were talking about. It's not that serious. At one point I even got offended when I was called down to as a "baby bat", but oh well, I got over it.
CountSixstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #84
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Minyaliel, you have expressed perfectly how I felt about it

Now people, this could be an interesting thread; and it's interesting because we have people with different opinions who could give us a different look on the matter, but... no matter how strongly you disagree, why do you have to pick up fights every now and then? And why do these fights have to go on?...
(Right, this looked like a "Peace in the World!" hippy statement, but it gets annoying sometimes...)
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #85
Tha Duckman

BECAUSE YOU SMELL!!!

[Throws pie].